Chapter 7

"Brother! " thors voice boomed. Winter woke up with a start. She looked around at her room.

"Can you be quiet you dumb oaf? It is too early to wake the entire palace up" she heard a voice say. Obviously the soundproof spell had worn off. Winter rubbed her eyes.

"Ah brother. I am so joyous" Thors voice boomed again.

" Can you express your joy in softer tones? " Loki's voice came across. Winter chuckled softly. She walked out to the door and opened it.

"Good morning my princes" she bowed. Thor beamed. Loki's breath hitched. Her hair was a bit messy and sleep still dominated her features. Yet she looked radiant. Her voice was raspy causing Loki to suppress a sigh.

"It is delightful to see you princess Akeira" Thor said. She smiled a tight smile and looked at Loki. He nodded at her.

"Thor? " a voice came from Thor's room.

"Yes my love" Thor called back.

"I uh.. need help" Seraine said. Winter tensed. What had happened to her sister? Was she in pain? Did this brute hurt her? If he did she would kill him!

"Coming" Thor winked at Loki and went into his room.

"Do not fret" Loki said soothingly as he noticed her tense up, " I believe I might need to sound proof your room again."

Before winter could respond unearthly noises came from Thor's room. Loki pulled winter into her room while he worked the spell. The noises were blocked.

Winter groaned, " ew! "

Loki chuckled. He looked around at her room. If he had a word it would be warm. The drapes were gold and purple. The morning had still not begun yet and the fireplace cracked merrily.

"What were you doing up so early? "Winter asked as she rubbed her eyes.

"I was uh.. walking around" Loki said too ashamed to admit that he was bored and wanted to talk to her.

"Really? " she asked naughtily, "I think you're lying my prince. Loki " she said.

"I wanted to see you" he said softly. Her eyes softened.

"Give me a minute" she said and went to the bathroom. In a few minutes she came out. She had brushed her teeth and combed her hair. She smiled a tight smile and pulled off a blanket form the bed. She sat on the couch that was near the fireplace and wrapped the blanket around her. She signaled Loki to sit near her.

"I know you won't like a blanket. " she says as she looks at the fire. He looks confused. She looks at him and her eyebrows furrow.

"I thought the Jotunn do not like warmth? " she says casually. Loki stiffens.

"How do you know about that?" He asks. His voice a bare whisper. She becomes confused.

"I... am the princess of the white valley Loki! I can recognize a Jotunn when I see one" she says. She wondered why he was so scathed by the fact that she knew.

"I can leave if you want me to" Loki says dejectedly

".. wh.. why? " she asks confused, " because you're Jotunn? "

"Because.. I.. I'm adopted" he says. His voice sounds broken.

"Loki. That.. that doesn't matter! " she says. He looks up at her.

"Our lineage doesn't decide our standing. Our actions do." She says as she looks back at the fire, "even I'm a... well... Bastard daughter. Never stopped me"

Loki looked surprised. She raised an eyebrow.

"Don't tell me you thought I was fully related to my sisters!?" She chuckles, " I have white hair! "

"Does it bother you? " he asks.

"Nah" she shrugs, " I have earned any respect that is given to me. If my sisters love me. It's because I have worked hard to earn it. My actions have earned me respect. Thus I do not care about my lineage."

"I have to earn my respect" Loki repeats thoughtfully.

"Exactly. Besides isn't respect that is earned better than one that is jut given because of your blood? " she says looking at him, "I find it to be more fulfilling and permanent "

"I hadn't considered it." Loki says," you are very wise"

"Well. My white hair has to count for something right? " she jokes. He chuckles.

"Thank you" he says softly.

"Anytime. Loki" she says and smiles a small smile.