Chapter 17

"Wow" she said looking at her face in the mirror, "The princess of the white valley. Most beautiful in all nine realms" she said sarcastically. Her hair was a mess. Her eyes had dark circles. She was weak and starved. She looked ghostly. She sighed.

"Mother mother. Mother" she said,"what are you doing to me?" She whispered to herself.

She had just bathed. After the night of  crying and falling asleep on Loki she had explained that it was a bad dream and she had dreamed that he was dead. He accepted it, although she knew he didn't fully believe her. She wrapped the towel around herself and pondered on what she should do.

Eating was now impossible. Sleep was draining her tear ducts. Staying awake meant she had to see more of Maldir. Staying with Loki meant she had to hide how she felt all the time. Staying without Loki was basically giving Maldir a coupon that said 'fuck me'. Yeah. She was so screwed. She sighed and put on her clothes.

Queen frigga wanted to meet her and so she wore a beautiful green gown. Her white hair was put  up in a bun. She put on tons of make up to hide the clear signs of fatigue on her face.

She walked over to Frigga's room, wary of Maldir. She knocked on the gold doors. "Come in! " a cheery voice calls out. She opened the door.

"Good morning my.. I mean mother" she said. Frigga smiled

"Good-morning sweetheart" Frigga greeted warmly. Winter felt at comfort whenever the queen called her sweetheart. She looked around the room. It was warm and cozy. She walked in and on Frigga's command sat at the table.

"I was thinking maybe today you could visit the garden" Frigga said.

"I have seen the palace gardens before "winter said confused.

"Not all of them" Frigga smiled. Winter looked confused.

"Wait a minute. I'll explain once I finish this" frigga said as she was stitching something. Winter nodded and looked around.

Frigga busied herself. Winter picked up a book and opened it. She was so tired. Her head was throbbing. She looked up at Frigga for a split second and did a double take with a gasp. Frigga had blood pouring out of  her mouth! Winter pinched herself. She reminded herself that this was all an illusion. Nothing. But. An. Illusion.

"Are you alright?" Frigga asked looking at her dull face . Blood was no longer pouring out. Winter inhaled and nodded.

"Yes. I'm ok"

"So I was saying that there is a garden. I planted it before Thor was born." frigga said and began putting the stitching away. Winter pinched herself to stop the sleepy feeling that over came her ever so often.

"Loki will show you at night. Its beautiful then. Will that be ok?" Frigga said. Winter nodded. Frigga smiled. They talked for a while longer and winter soon left to her room. Her head was throbbing.

She checked the cabinets for some sort of painkiller. She couldn't find anything.
She sighed and locked all the Windows and doors. She was not taking risks with that ass Maldir.
Soon evening came and Loki came in. He smiled at her.

"Lets go princess" he said. She gave a tiny smile and followed him. He led her to a corridor. It ended with  a blank wall. She looked confused.

"Nice garden" she said sarcastically. He chuckled.

"Sorry.. I shouldn't talk like that" she said realizing that she was sassing the Prince of asgard.

"Don't  do that. I love it when you talk sassily" he smiled. She nodded.

He spoke a few words in a strange language and soon the wall disappeared. A pathway appeared. He smiled and pulled her hand toward the garden like an excited child.
The garden was in a word. Beautiful. It had beautifully strange flowers. Winter gasped as she saw a large fountain. The water shone blue. She touched the water. It had beautiful pink and orange fish in it. It was so peaceful. Loki sat near the rim of the fountain. She joined him.

"Its stunning Loki" she said. He beamed. He was so childish!

"The way you talk at times reminds me of Midgard" Loki said. She looked at him.

"I uh.. I was sent to live on Midgard when I was sixteen " she said. He looked confused.

"Why?" He asked. She sighed.

"Ok. No one knows this.. I'm gonna tell you" she said. He nodded.

"You know how we six sisters are known around the realms? Well.. there are actually seven sisters" she said. He blinked.

"What?! "He said. She nodded and touched the water.

"I had a sister. She was older than Meira . Her name was Alana." She said.

"Was?" Loki asked.

"She.. ok. There was a feast. The youngest  Prince of Jotunheim attended. He fell in  love with her.She loved him too. He would meet her whenever  he could. He was so  sweet to her... and to us too! "

Loki looked  at her expectantly. "The queen found out. She asked Alana to forget him.  Alana fought with her. That.. was.. the last day I saw her" winter's  voice cracked at the last line. "The queen said she was banished to some  secret place. I was.. so.. depressed that I was sent to Midgard for a  change of atmosphere! " she said.

"Why did the queen do that?" Loki  asked.

"She... She was never.. like a mother to us. I just feel like..  She never wanted us to be happy" winter said looking at Loki.

"Weird  family huh?" She chuckled. Loki drew closer to her and wrapped his arm  around her. Her breath hit her as he looked at her.

"The queen isn't  your family. Not anymore. I am. And I will never hurt you like she did"  he said

Winter looked at him,"what if.. I.. was doing something that would hurt you?"

He inhaled," I would forgive you" He smiled.

She looked confused," why?"

He shrugged," because I love you "

She  smiled a small smile and rested her head on  his chest. Oh how she  wished to tell him about Maldir. He would be so upset that she still  hadn't told him.  She closed her eyes  and thought.

Forgive me Loki.  But I love  you too much to give the queen a chance hurt you. Forgive  me.