Chapter 9

LOKI'S POV:

We walked out of mothers chambers. Thor and Seraine decided to go for a walk near the gardens.

"Shall I walk you to your room Akeira? " I asked. She turned to me with another tight smile.

"Of course Loki! " she said.

"How is it that you have never relaxed with your mother? " I asked.

She tensed up,"uh well.. the queen is a very busy person. We just did not have the time I guess"

"Do you not call her mother? "I asked softly. She gulped and stayed silent for a minute as if in deep thought.

"I.. no.. no we don't" she said softly, "it's always been like that. That's why.. I was... surprised to see the way you behave with queen Frigga"

I looked at her small face. Her hair frames her face perfectly. The moonlight hit her eyes and they looked like glitter. How did it feel to not have a mother and not be able to call her as that?

"Is she your mother? " I asked .

Akeira nodded and played with her hair. We walked in silence for a while before she turned to me.

"How... how does it feel? " she asked, "when you see your mother? "

"I do not understand" I said rather confused.

"I mean.. I saw you look at her and I.. does seeing her make you feel happy? Or.. warm? " she asked sincerely.

"It does. I feel the love she has for me when I see her." I replied thought fully.

"That's sweet" Akeira said.

"Daughter? " a voice called.Akeira tensed up immediately. I turned, as did Akeira. The cold gaze of the queen met us. She wore a red satin gown. Her hair was left down. She looked ghostly. Akeira shuddered.

"My queen" she bowed. I followed suit.

"What are you doing up so late? " the queen asked her in an angry tone.

"I.. I.. was.. I was in queen Frigga's room. She.. She was braiding my hair and so.. " Akeira began nervously.

"What? " the queen stopped her, "why would she touch your hair? "

"My mother has wanted to spend time with her daughters-in-law for a while now. Thus today she did so. In the process of doing so she braided her hair. I'm sure you do not mind. " I interjected with a formal tone .

"I... " the queen started.

"Well. It's getting late and I was dropping Akeira off. We must get going must we love? " I asked Akeira, completely sidelining the queen. Akeira gulped  and nodded taking my outstretched hand and gripping it tight.

"Good night my queen" I said and before she could reply I walked off with Akeira. As soon as we reached her room she pulled me in.

"Why did you do that? She is going to be so angry! " Akeira said worriedly.

"Well" I said, " she can't touch you. You're mine Akeira winter, as I am yours. I won't let anyone insult you or berate you. "

She looked at me with an indecipherable expression. With a sudden pull, she hugged me. Her warm body melted into mine as I return the hug.

"Thank you. Loki" she says near my ear. I control my erratic breathing with extreme difficulty .

"You're welcome... my princess"

---------------------------------

hi!!! if you do like this book so far please do vote and comment!

-Rhea