Then she told us about the sensation she got and how Trent's wound healed.

"Wait," Josh says, "You think you healed him?" He asks.

Mara shrugs, "I don't know, it was just weird. I'm sure I saw something running through my arms." She replies.

"Werewolves heal fast, maybe Trent just healed extra quickly because he, ah, died." Mandy says, careful with her words since Layla looks a little pale.

Mara shakes her head and looks out the window, "I'm sure." She trails off.

"Well, one thing we know. You have to stay away from Cam now." Cole says.

I nod in agreement, "That's a definite." I add.

Mara nods too, "I don't want to be anywhere near him, I think I'll just kill him myself if I do." She says.

Trent's mum and dad come rushing into the room, his mum runs to Layla while his dad looks at me, "Where is he?" He asks.

"He's upstairs with the pack doctor." I reply.

"Can we go up?" His mum asks.

"Hang on." I reply.

"Can my third's family come up?" I ask the pack doctor.

"Yes, I have finished. I'll be down to tell you how he is." He replies.

"He's coming down." I tell everyone.

Several seconds later, the pack doctor travels down the stairs.

We all look at him expectedly.

He looks to me, "Did you find out what happened?" He asks.

I nod, "He got stabbed in the side with a tree branch." I reply.

The doctor frowns, "I found no such injury, are you sure?" This time he looks at Mara.

She nods, "Positive, I had to pull it out."

The doctor looks at his clipboard, "I only found a slight head injury, everything else was perfectly healthy."

"Well that's good isn't it?" Trents mum asks.

The doctor nods, "Yes, he's asleep right now, but you're most welcome to go see him." He says.

I stand up, "Thank you doctor."

"Of course Alpha, Luna." He nods at us.

I hear a bit of commotion from the front of the house, probably the new additions to the pack coming in, they live here until they find a mate or a house.

Mara grabs her now empty cup and stands up, "I'm just going to wash this." She says.

I nod and kiss her hand before she walks out of the room.

•Mara's POV•

I walk, holding the cup, to the kitchen.

On the way there, I catch some of the new werewolves in the pack climbing the stairs.

I turn around and nearly scream, clutching my chest as I see Torah standing there.

"Torah, you scared me." I say.

"Sorry." She replies.

I study her, her hair is a little messy and she has some dirt on her cheek and her arms, "Where have you been?" I ask.

She shrugs, "Down to the river and stuff."

Torah confuses me, she's quite distant compared to the rest of the new werewolves. She doesn't have any friends and she sticks to herself, I always try to make conversation when I see her, but she tends to leave as fast as she can.