Go Back To Go Forward

Now some of the elders of Israel came to me and sat before me.
And the word of the LORD came to me saying, "Son of man, these men have set up their idols in their hearts, and put before them that which causes them to stumble into iniquity. Should I let Myself be inquired of at all by them?
"Therefore speak to them, and say to them, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Everyone of the house of Israel who sets up his idols in his heart, and puts before him what causes him to stumble into iniquity, and then comes to the prophet, I the LORD will answer him who comes, according to the multitude of his idols,
"that I may seize the house of Israel by their heart, because they are all estranged from Me by their idols." '
Ezekiel 14:1-5

     God likes my rambling commentary!  I will get to that later.  First I need to do a better job on this passage. 
    "Puts before him what causes him to stumble into iniquity," don't know how I could have missed this.  It is not only about idols, but also about other things that can lead us to wickedness.  Are you in control of what you are putting in front of your eyes?
      I won't go into all the bad vices; I am sure you all know what they are.  Bottom line is that we are all sinners.  We need to Jesus to cleanse us of our sins.  We also need to believe that Jesus was resurrected from the dead. 
       I know that God is capable of anything; He has shown me only a small portion of His power.  Forgive me, I am thinking about the people that don't believe, and I can't help it.  Don't let people that don't believe say or do anything that creates doubt in your faith. 
      About this passage, the way I open the Bible and rub on the pages - it is impossible for me myself to open to the same passage as six days ago.  Check it out, along with my limited commentary, it is entitled, "God Knows Our Hearts."  God opened here.  This makes my head spin at times.  This is an example of God at work. 
       Anyone with true faith will believe what I am writing.  Is it important to me that you believe?  Only if God thinks I should.  This is not about me, whatsoever.  I have asked God to work through me as He sees fit. 
       One more point - it is all about God and His Word.  You have to commit to Him and read His Word; do your part first.  Feel like I am lecturing - sorry!  What I say doesn't matter.  God will do whatever He wants and with whom He wants - tell Him that you love Him.

     This is a faithful saying:

For if we died with Him,
     We shall also live with Him.
If we endure,
     We shall also reign with Him.
If we deny Him,
     He also will deny us.
If we are faithless,
     He remains faithful;
He cannot deny Himself.
                 2 Timothy 2:11-13