The Unforgivable Sin

"And anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven."
                  Luke 12:10

     Jesus is talking to the multitudes when he said this. I know there is a big question; and honestly, I had to do some research myself - What is blaspheme of the Holy Spirit?
     Back in Christ's days He was accused of being demon-possessed (by some people), not Spirit-filled, when he cast out demons. This, of course, would be blaspheme of the Holy Spirit - the accusations. Today we can still blaspheme the Holy Spirit - deny that God exists. I personally think that misguided people, people worshiping other gods, can still be forgiven.
     How many times did kings in the Bible destroy high places, places for pagan worship, when they took the throne? People even worshiped that bronze serpent on the pole that Moses made, until Hezekiah destroyed it.
     Changing or altering the Bible, in my opinion, would constitute blaspheme of the Holy Spirit, although God himself tells us in Revelation not to do this. Repent of your sins, love God and you won't have to worry about this.
     Been doing some research on Saddam Hussein and the rebuilding of Babylon. It started off with General Petraeus being the governate of Nineveh, and ended with Babylon. Interesting stuff that I didn't know.
     I wonder if Saddam, because he so respected Nebuchadnezzar, ever read the Bible. I also wonder if this had anything to with Iraqi Freedom. I think Babylon is what it is - Babylon.

MYSTERY,
BABYLON THE GREAT,
THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS
AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS
OF THE EARTH

     This is how it is written in my Bible in Revelation 17:5. The angel goes on to explain the "mystery" of the woman and the beast that carries her. Moreover I have not seen many appositives, a word or phrase that renames a noun, in the Bible set off by commas.
     Seeing "Mystery Babylon" is what has been troubling me. The Bible is hard to understand - that, again in my opinion, is what God wants. You have to make an effort to study His Word. He is allowing me to understand more as I reread, which I thank Him for.
Babylon will have to be re-built (or will it?), and destroyed again, to fulfill Biblical prophesy. I read that the UN wanted to make its headquarters in Babylon. Food for thought, we still need to keep an eye on Mosul.
     I said in an earlier entry that I was concerned with what happens after the battle in Mosul. Too many nations are interested in Mosul, which I think is strange. I really don't know, but will be watching. Tell God that you love Him.

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. Please read your Bible.