God And Abraham

And he said, "Blessed be the LORD God of my master Abraham, who has not forsaken His mercy and His truth toward my master. As for me, being on the way, the LORD led me to the house of my master's brethren."
Genesis 24:27

Abraham's servant said this in Mesopotamia, in the city of Nahor, to Rebekah(future wife of Isaac). I had to read back about Abraham attempting to sacrifice Isaac. This really amazed me, Abraham's loyalty to God.
I want to figure out where everyone got off track, the next time I read. Jacob (Israel) hadn't even been born yet. I can't help but think about Jesus telling the Jews, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, "I AM." - John 8:58
I think things got bad when the people wanted a king. God felt rejected, and He was. God has feelings, too. We ungrateful children need to realize that. To truly understand God, one needs to imagine how He feels. How does God feel?
This is where I get frustrated with the Jews. The Jews, God's people, upset God a countless number of times. So God, being the kind and merciful God that He was and is, thought - I love these disloyal people; how can I avoid killing them? They had sinned so bad against God that a regular sacrifice would not do; and what does God do - He sacrificed His only Son!
And how do the Jews repay God for His loving kindness? They don't recognize Jesus as their Messiah, and as the Son of God. You have to believe; you have to have faith!
I am thinking of Robert the Bruce from Braveheart saying, "I want to believe!" We all should have that same conviction when we thinking about Jesus and God. True faith is something I still strive for daily.
Where did all this come from? I am not done yet. God stopped Abraham from sacrificing Isaac, but no one stopped God from sacrificing His Son. God loves us so much. Interesting parallel, like I said, I don't know how we got here. Tell God you love Him!

Note - Robert the Bruce's father said to him that he let himself be deceived.  This is what concerns me, people can be so easy to deceive if they don't know God.  Anyone can deceive us, look to God and His righteousness only!

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

     Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.  Please read your Bible.