[41] April

Ella.

My vision was clear. Way too clear. My hair was flowing. I was alone at the beach, it was calm and beautiful, the sun setting right in front of my eyes. The only sound I heard were the waves and the only thing I felt was the soft sand beneath my feet.

I thought I was alone until I heard another voice, telling me to get on the jet ski.

Jet skiing in the sunset. Seemed lovely.

"I'm sorry if this isn't what you wanted." A voice echoes.

"No. No. It's perfect."  I heard myself say.

I wrote down in my dream journal. I close my eyes trying to get the dream back, to figure out who's voice that belonged to but after minutes pass, I couldn't fall back asleep.

"Fuck." I mutter.

For what feels like forever, I can finally feel the sun seeping through my window and I'm tired as hell. I take a quick body shower then heading to my closet. I'm thanking Mother Nature that it's been warmer, but unfortunately it's going to be rain season. April Showers but obviously I'm looking forward to the warmer sun, for the May Flowers.

These days have been quite slow but I think I like it like that. I don't want summer to arrive. For July to arrive, the month of my Dad's wedding. In the Hamptons.

I head downstairs, grabbing my bag and keys, planning to just pick up breakfast along the way.

It will be a long day at work today.

~
Harry.

"Mum. I'm alright. You?"

"Great. I've just been at home because I caught a fever."

"How is it being a pediatrician?" I look at my laptop screen and she's washing dishes.

"The usual, I guess. What have you been up to?" She asks, sneezing after.

"God bless you. Well, I started working for Styles Accountancy again."

"Why?"

"Well, believe it or not, I don't like that Richard has just been paying for my home in the Central Park West. And, I've been so bored just sitting around at home doing absolutely nothing." I sigh, as I open the door, making my way upstairs,

"That's good. What I had meant to ask was what are you up to now?" She chuckles. My mum has the most beautiful smile.

"Oh, I just got back to this nice art store. Bought some new brushes and paint and canvases."

"Oh. Really?"

"That's nice. I've always told you to follow your heart." I can picture a sad smile on her face. She's referring to my father not wanting me to be an artist.

"I know." I sigh. "Richard's a dick."

"Harry." She chuckles. "It's true. Dick is a nickname for Richard."

"You know, you left some of your paintings, here. When will you get it?"

"Eventually." I say, putting away some of the brushes. "Wait, I've actually never got to ask you, which one is your favorite?"