[16] Lost Gloves

Listen to 'Fire Alarms' and 'She' by Ed Sheeran.

~

Ella.

I wrapped a scarf around my neck and buttoned my pea coat then I hear a knock on my door. I am really looking forward for this because it's something that could help me get my mind off of the things I'm dealing with currently and plus I like spending time with Harry. Thank god I've made a new friend. I was never one to be friendly and quickly make everyone my acquaintance. I'm not the person who hung out with everyone, knew everyone and let alone them know me. I was fine with a couple of close friends and family. I was fine with being the hidden one.

I swung the door open and he stands staring into space with his hands in his tan coat, chestnut curls pushed back and he really looks good with his grey sweater. "Are we going?" I snapped my fingers in front of his face as he blinks twice.

"Oh, Yeah, yeah." He stutters and I chuckle again as I lock my door.

"Deep in thought?" I tease as we make our way down with the elevator.

"Yeah kind of." He scratches the back of his neck then running his hand through his hair.

"I'm really excited." I shrieked a bit.

"Me too." He nods, smiling as we make our way at the exit of the building through the glass doors.

~

First few walks was a bit awkward but I engaged in conversation. We agreed to the little itinerary we planned in our heads, spots I want to go to first then iceskating at Rockefeller. There was a smile on my face the whole time and I really appreciate his presence.

I first took him to Bryant Park not to go iceskating there but the little shops surrounding there that only stand during the holidays. Then, next to it was an artist, a typical artist that would draw tiny bodies with enormous heads, the customer's head and like I predicted, Harry pulled my hand and asked to get a painting with him. The man was chuckling the whole time because Harry couldn't keep a straight face which caused me to giggle, ruining the serious 'posing for a picture like those Renaissance people' demeanor and after that, the man muttered to himself whilst chuckling, 'typical tourists', and touché. Sort of.

We sat on one of the little tables first and we talked and talked after we bought crepes and they're really good. We waited there until the sunset arrived, as we looked up the sky, it's tinted with auburn, pink and the color of a fresh bruise. It was beautiful, and this day has been good especially with the heavenly crepes.

It was freezing and I hastily fumbled through purse to slip on my warm leather gloves, while adjusting my beanie. Harry offered to go to a little café to get some hot chocolate to warm up. We walked again and it was dark already, though the city is illuminated with lights. I hear my phone beep endlessly, and I take off my leather gloves, then leading myself to disappointment when I see it's my dad, asking to talk again. I roll my eyes, ignoring the texts. I brush it off my shoulder for now. Like Harry said, this is what I need, Some sparkle in my life, The pizza and not the bowl of pasta.

Seconds later, we're almost near the back part of Rockefeller where the bright angels are and there are an abundance of people. My eyes widen as I quickly hold Harry's hand and pulling him to run. He doesn't ask but he just runs. I squeal like a little kid and he just chuckles.

"Are we watching the light show?" He asks and I nod my head. "On the building?" He begins to pant and we almost bump into little children but we swerve, and I scream a 'Sorry.'

"Come on, we're gonna miss it!" I shout as we slow down, politely making our way through.

"Ok we're here." The projectors mark thirty seconds until it starts. "It's only a few minutes but I've always liked watching it." I say as he nods, tilting his head up to watch the show, still slightly out of breath like me.