[29] Lavender and Grey

Harry.

Ella and I have been walking around the park after we ice-skated, then ate dinner. Now, we just got home.

We make eye contact with the doorman and he waves at us, and we return a smile, greeting him a good evening.

"Wait, love birds." The doorman calls out to us.

We simultaneously look back.

"You two haven't checked your mail in a long time. It's been piling in there." He points to the mail room. We thank him and we head down the wide hallway.

We open our mailboxes and I turn to Harry. "I'm so tired." She yawns, still tired from the New Year's Eve party.

"Do you want me to carry those for you?" I offer, pointing at the mail.

"If you insist." She yawns again, rubbing on her temples. "Sorry, I'm really tired."

I grab random letters and envelopes, and a package from the side from her mailbox, and a few envelopes from mine and we then head to the elevator. Seconds later, we go out.

A few envelopes fall out and I stop for a second to pick them up. My whole body freezes the moment I pick up a lavender and grey envelope.

To my dearest daughter:
Ella Kingston

I read the address and who sent it.

Vincent Kingston.

I know exactly what this is and my heart is already aching for Ella.

"Harry, do you need help? I'm sorry you had to carry all my stuff" She interrupts my thoughts and I immediately look up at her, pursing my lips.

What is she gonna feel? If she reads this? "No-no. It's uh-fine. I just dropped some stuff." I stutter, still stuck in my position, hastily picking up the fallen envelopes, including the lavender and grey envelope.

Fuck... I stand up and try to accompany her when she does read it.

"Uh, would you like to watch a movie? Eat dinner with me?" I don't want Ella to cry herself to sleep, and keep everything inside. I know how much this would hurt. So, she has to let everything out.

I know she's gonna look through her mail and she's gonna open the envelope.

"Uh, we just went on a date- I mean we ate dinner.." Her brows furrow.

"How about watch a show? Baking?" I say. Now, I'm sounding a tad too pushy.

"Okay.. Well, alright." She gives me a warm smile. "Can't say no to a cutie like you." She ruffles through my hair, while smiling at me.

"Sorry.. I'm just.. hyper?" A lame excuse that sounded like an excuse comes out of my mouth.

"Come, let's go bake. Macaroons?"

Fuck. I don't have ingredients for that.

I drop all the mail in the living room. We then take off our coats, hanging them on the coat rack then our shoes.

"Strangers." || h.s auजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें