[30] For Good

Ella.

It felt like a thousand years waiting for Andrew to step in my office.

My head starts to spin as I hear the knocks on the door, my feet walking the steps to open it for him.

"Ella.." He says. He's the same. Tall, cool brown swift hair, and those hazel eyes I fell for. When he left me, it was dull. Now, it's full of life, vibrant, full of color. I could tell he was happy, without me.

"Why are you here, Andrew?" I ask blankly, not even bothering to let out the anger I have for him.

"I wanted to talk to you about.. our-our parents' wedding." He says awkwardly.

I walk right in, and he follows me. We sit on the two grey chairs and I begin to speak.

"I'm not attending." I mumble, fiddling with a paper clip.

"I know that.. it's kind of pointless but it's your Dad's wedding."

"What are you here for?" I ask annoyingly. "Seriously?"

"I just wanna clear things up because I know we'll be seeing each other often now. Since our parents are getting married.."

"That doesn't mean shit, Andrew." My fists begin to tighten.

He takes a deep breath, his brows furrowing.

"How do you feel about this whole marriage?" I cross my arms, eyeing him down.

"Of course.. I really don't have a problem with it. My mom's happy with your Dad, Vincent and that's all that matters to me. But of course, I had to take your feelings in to consideration because I know how you would feel about me being your step brother. When we used to be a thing. And because I know you hate me."

I take a deep breath.

"I want to apologize to you, Ella."

"For what? There seems to be a lot. And additionally, you didn't warn me about our parents' affair." I huff.

"I'm sorry for.. for everything. I'm not expecting you to forgive me at all but I just really want you to know I am so genuinely sorry. Because I believe it's important for me to get this boulder off my shoulder. What I did to you.."

"Just know what you're saying still won't make me go to that wedding."

"I know. But it would mean the world.. to my Mom and your Dad."

"Please let your Mom know that it's nothing personal. It's just the fact that you're her son." I sigh.

"I know you still hate me.. but yeah.. I-"

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure.

"Why did you leave me Andrew? Why did you leave me for that girl in London?"

"I don't know how to say this but.." He grabs my hands, holding it in his. "I want you to know you're such a beautiful person. You're still an inspiration to me. Billions of guys on the planet don't deserve you because you're too good for them and I count myself as one of those men. I was a bastard. And I believe in soulmates.. I guess we weren't soulmates. We weren't meant for each other."