[1] Encounter

"'I'll surely miss you, dear." Mrs. Hoffman said. She always insisted on calling her by her first name but I refused to because I said it was quite rude since she was like a grandmother to me.

Mrs. Hoffman has moved out of her penthouse, the one across mine and she's going back to London to reunite with her children. She retired years ago and after a few months of contemplating, she decided she will move back home and she claimed she has surely missed it. "I hope we'll still see each other again." I say.

"Of course." She smiles pulling me into a warm embrace and I almost felt like crying.

"I wish you all the best and happiness, Mrs Hoffman. Have a safe flight." I smile at her and she returns one.

"Thank you, I hope your new neighbor will be lovely as much as I am." She winks getting her purse and pulling me again in a tight hug. "I wish you all the love, luck and genuine happiness as well."

"Thank you." I sigh. "I hope London treats you well."

She nods. "Goodbye now. I'll see you soon." She walks towards my door and waves.

"Goodbye." I say to her and shortly she walks out the door.

That was Mrs. Hoffman's last day here in Manhattan, three months ago and now as I stand in front of the door of the other penthouse on this floor, Mrs. Hoffman's words play back in my mind 'I hope your new neighbor will be lovely.'

I really hope so.

My knuckles lightly knock at the door, and I stand with a bottle of champagne as a welcoming gift not knowing what to expect.

A woman who looks like she's in her thirties, has on a full business suit attire, a nice navy blue fitted dress a blazer, a trench coat and nude pumps. Papers and a matching handbag hanging from her hand. "Oh hello?" She asks questionably confused.

"Hi I'm Ella Kingston your new neighbor, Im the other person that resid-" I say getting ready to hand her my champagne and macaroons before she cuts me off respectively.

"Oh honey, I don't live here, I'm just the real estate broker in Central Park West .. Kelly Willis, but nice to meet you." She says in a business-like tone, professionally greeting me and shaking my hand.

"Oh."

"Your neighbor is just as lovely as Mrs. Hoffman." She winks and I assume this woman is the real estate broker of this building. "We had just finished finalizing documents and such and this is the new purchased home." She gestures to the penthouse across mine.

"Oh, I can't wait to meet her." I say as she tidies up her low bun.

"Him." She corrects me and we both chuckle.

I think it's an old man and I hope he isn't one of those people in the movies that shuts everyone out and saying 'You rotten kids'. Because Mrs. Hoffman was definitely not one of those people. "Wait is he old?"

"Sweetheart, no." She chuckles. "He's a young man. Just about your age I believe."

"Oh, alright."

"Oh well, I've got to head out, meetings and such. Have a wonderful day. And nice meeting you, Ella." She smiles at me.

"You too." I wave as she soon disappears into the hallway taking the elevator.

I knock once again and I hear footsteps from the other side, boots clicking. The door opens and he isn't old.. At all. He does look my age.

Neither of us says anything.

He's a bit taller than me and for a couple seconds we just exchanged gazes. The green in his eyes bashing into my hazel ones.

He wore all black, black t-shirt, black incredibly tight jeans, but an exception, his shoes were brown ankle boots. His hair was a warm dark chestnut shade and it was pushed back and quite curly. He blinks excessively, his eyes are a deep but pale emerald green accentuated with long lashes. A thin chain of metal dangles from his neck and an intricate cross pendant on it. His pink plump lips are parted and my eyes travel down to his arms, tattoos are scattered, a little cross tattoo on his left hand, two rings around his fingers. His brows are slightly furrowed contributing to the intimidating facade.

He took a deep breath, and running his hand through his hair and I begin to speak breaking the silence in the air.

"Hi, I'm Ella Kingston. Only neighbor that lives on this floor." I reach out to shake his hand and after that I hand him a little something, Ladureé Macaroons and a bottle of wine.

"I.." He trails off.

"I just wanted to welcome you here in this penthouse complex." I say and he nods mumbling something under his breath obscurely as he holds the things I brought him in his large hand, his rings clinking with the glass.

"What?" I'm taken back.

"Nothing." He mumbles, and I hear a vague accent that's not American. He rubs his temples and I begin to wonder if I said something to offend him. Did I? I literally just said I'm his neighbor.

"I-uh, have to run some errands." He says and I think that indicates for me to leave at the moment.

"Oh. Wait, what's your name?" I ask him, hoping he tells me his name at least.

He clears his throat, beginning to speak, "Harry. Harry Styles."

His voice was deep, raspy and unimaginably slow laced with a thick lucid English accent as he introduced himself.

"Harry, well nice mee-" I get cut off by him closing the door on my face.

"Well.. nice meeting you too." I mumble under my breath as I roll my eyes walking back in to my home.

-
Author's Note: First chapter is here! I have so many things planned for this book and I really hope you guys like this! Vote and comment please. Don't be a ghost reader because feedback is nice, it actually lets me know if I should continue this book or not. All the love. J

P.S. 'Hella' is their ship name :)