[31] If Only

Harry.

My heart beats faster, from anxiety when I hear footsteps behind me. I ruffle through my hair, and I continue to enter the elevator.

I hold on the button to wait for her to enter. Is she going to look at me? Dodge my presence? Or even say a word to me?

Suddenly, Andrew Salvatori comes instead of Ella. He stands next to me, and he looks like he wants to have a conversation.

Why was he at her place?

A jealous pang hits right at my chest.

"Harry Styles." He says lowly.

"Salvatori. What can I do for you mate?" I sarcastically ask.

"Are you the Harry Styles?"

"I'm just ordinary. I don't know what you're talking about." I lick my lips, looking up the floor. I'm getting impatient.

He clears his throat. "I mean, you're her ex right?" He turns to me, trying to get me to look at him. But I don't.

I sigh. "I am. But so are you." I sternly turn to him.

"Woah.." He raises his hands in defeat. "If you think-"

"This conversation's over." The elevator dings, the doors opening and the heels of my boots click, walking out of his presence.

"Harry wait-"

"Mate I really need to get somewhere."
My jaw clenches continuing to walk, hoping I don't hear anything else from his mouth.

"If you think I'm here to get Ella back. You're clearly wrong." He dryly chuckles.

My head turns back and I sit by the lobby in the soft beige leathered sofa. And, he sighs.

He sits in front of me and speaks again, "Don't think I'm a threat."

"I don't think you're a threat."

"You do. Because I know you still love her." He insists.

"And, why does that matter to you?" I fold my hands, looking straight at him.

"I don't think you understand where I'm coming from." He sighs. "Don't throw her away."

"I'm not throwing her away. What gives you that impression?"

"She looked pretty upset last night. And this morning, when I dropped by, she had puffy eyes."

"Why were you even there?" My fists tighten.

"You're so fucking jealous and you're not even paying attention to her." He shakes his head.

"Look, you don't know shit Salvatori."

"Yes I do. She loves you. She always loved you." He licks his lips, sighing. "Even when we were together. She would fall asleep in my arms but she'll dream about you."

"I-"

"How would you feel if you knew that the girl you loved.. loved another man?"

"Is that why you left her?" I sternly ask.

He nods. "I knew you two would find your way back to each other. Ella deserves the best so toughen the fuck up, Styles. I don't know what happened in your past but I'm sure it shouldn't be bad enough for you to throw her away. You need to love her back."

"I never stopped loving Ella." I say lowly, closing my eyes, exhaling.

"Then, make it seem like you love her." He snaps back. "I care for her as a friend. And as a friend, I don't want her heart broken."