[25] Invitations

Listen to 'Time Will Tell' by Gregory Alan Isakov.

Harry.

"Good morning, love." I whispered in her ear and kissed her temples, and she didn't seem to move, though I feel her warm breath against my neck, her face nuzzled, my arm wrapped around her.

I untangle our legs, and I manage to get out of bed without waking her. Her arm extends, groaning a bit, she noticed my absence.

By the time I get down, I brushed my teeth, ruffled my hair, and put at least my coat.

I head out but before that, I scribbled a little note and I found myself nearly scrambling through her cupboard for pills, and made a little smoothie for her.

I hope she still finds my touch unfamiliar or she would suspect of who I really am to her.

Now that I'm in Niall's penthouse, he snaps me out of my thoughts.

"So when can I meet her?" Niall squeals, and he snaps in front of my face, he snapped me out of daydreaming.

"She's all you talk about." I playfully scoff and roll my eyes.

"She's all you talk about." He rolls his eyes. "And are you forgetting that she was my best mate in university."

"I thought I was your best mate?"

"Shut up." Niall rolls his eyes. "You know what I mean. After five years of third-wheeling, She became my bestfriend." He takes a sip of his fresh brewed coffee and raising a brow, proving his point.

"Is this your office?" It's impeccably large but empty, you can tell it's a new office.

"I'm not working today, Harry. I'm here to welcome you to your new office." He gestures around the office with a glass wall, displaying the astounding breath-taking view of the whole city.

I was just considering working for this company again but I guessed he talked to my father and got me the same position as before. "What the fuck Niall? You didn't actually get me the job did you?"

"You need it." He raises another brow. I hate it when he does that. "You're low on money, Styles." He clears his throat. And no I didn't. Just preparing I guess."

"I'm actually not." I hate talking about finance. I hate mentioning money. I absolutely despise discussing money because money is a very powerful thing. People interpret it as gloating.. bragging that you have a lavish life.

Though, I always have to explain that I'm financially stable. I have a million dollar trust fund and I never like telling people. Because, just like I said, it seems like I think highly of myself. When really, I believe everyone is equal. Just like Ella. She's the same as me. Wealthy, but humble.

"But, not enough for everything you need." He has a trust fund too from his father, since his Dad is Co-Ceo of this company. But, he doesn't have any daddy-issues. Not like I do.

"Actually for everything I need." I roll my eyes. "Why are you even contributing to my shit father's company, anyways?"

"Not to be rude but it's my Dad's partially, and he expects me to work here. I've always been interested in Accounting anyways." I am too.