[12] Kisses

Listen to 'If I Could Fly.' by One Direction. (My fucking cinnamon apples)

"Can I stay the night?" I asked.

He looks at me with confusion at my random approach, "I'm not saying 'no' but, why?" He leans against the door frame, his back straining. Shit.

"I think I left my keys, in my penthouse. But if it's a bother, it's alright, I can go to-" I already turn my heel though his fingers wrap lightly on my wrist halting me.

"You can stay." He says in a thick sleepy voice, a musky voice. He glances at his ahold then let's go.

"Oh, thank you." We then make our way inside, as he closes the door behind him, squinting his eyes a bit and I noticed slight weariness and bags sitting under his eyes, though his irises were still bright yet pale jade.

"No problem." He says.

He yawns, stretching his arms and his muscles strain once again, showing his prominent toned arms, back and stomach and I gazed at the butterfly tattoo.

"Come on let's head on upstairs." It's quite late at night and were both in lethargic states, considering the fact that I just yawned.

None of us speak a word, and the silence has risen once again, leaving us just exchanging stares.

Harry.

She's silent, our quiet footsteps lightly tapping on to the floor, the only sound in our proximity. Our hands almost touch but I don't know if it was either her or me, that flinched and dodged.

We reach the second floor and I show her the guest bedroom. She looks quite uncomfortable, sitting down on the neatly made bed and I somehow sit next to her.

I know something is bothering her, considering her habit of fiddling with her fingers, or picking at a bracelet on her wrist.

"Are you alright?" I ask her. I hope she knows my intentions are genuine. That I actually want to listen.

"Yeah." She turns away again, standing up and 'putting away' her stuff. But I know she's not okay. I know how she is. She always stalls.

"Are you sure?" I ask her again, and she will deny I know it. A frown smears on her lips.

"Yes I am, I'm fine.." She says softly and she sits next to me again.

"Okay." I say.

"It's getting quite late." Ella whispers indicating for me to leave but she continues to speak. "Thank you though Harry for actually.. caring to listen to my blabbing about my family." She fiddles with her fingers. A habit she has. "And for letting me stay here."

"No problem." I probably said that like two hundred times tonight because of Ella's unavoidable habit of thanking people often. Which isn't surprising to me.

"Don't worry about me." She mutters.

I shake my head slowly with concern.
"I'll be here to listen."

"Thank you." She says. Again.

Her fingers unexpectedly lay on my face, softly grazing, and she stares in my eyes.

"You have an eyelash on your.." She whispers as she trails off we both hadn't noticed how unbelievably close we were, our proximity short. Her lips part involuntarily, thought I know this for a fact because it's just in the moment, the effect of our drowsiness and the time of the evening. It isn't genuine, like before.

The green and hazel bash in the most possible gentle way, and she stares at me. She stares at me and I want to kiss her. To tell her everything. To tell her I've been waiting for this for what feels like a whole fucking life time.