[37] The Proposal

Disclaimer: I am not that much educated about amnesia so the facts I will be writing about may or may not be correct. If it is, it may be purely coincidental. I have researched it just a little bit but I'm still gonna say I'm not trying to give off wrong information. What I'm writing is made up and may or may not be correct. this is truly for entertainment and for the sake of the book's plot. This is fiction anyways. Enjoy x

_

The week rolled around fast. It was awful at work because I was sort of distracted from the fact that I'm continuing to see my therapist and Harry's been on my mind as well and his problems. I hate that I have so much questions that are unanswered like what really happened with Elle and stuff like that. I'm also concerned about his problems with his Dad. It makes me sad that he's angry.

My name is suddenly called and I head over to Ms. Pierson's office and she acknowledges my presence and says hello. I sit down on the comfy sofa. It takes her a few minutes to come sit with me because of all the folders she has, and her clipboard.

She finally takes a seat in front of me, crossing her leg clicking the pen. "So let's begin. I have many suggestions for you to overcome this amnesia. Like hypnosis. Hypnosis is basically hypnotizing and the purpose is to retrieve lost memories and the process is through relaxation. There's other types of treatment like EMDR but Hypnosis is best for what you have. Selective Retrograde Amnesia. And you basically don't know what had happened during your college years. And, high school."

"I trust whatever you say."

She shuffles through some papers, which I believe are my files. "I'll be honest with you, this will take many sessions, months maybe because of the abundance of memories you have lost before your accident. It's not ideal for the mental health to just do it everyday. Every week is a good alteration .. a good schedule especially with your case." She ties her hair into a ponytail.

I nod.

"Let's start with what you know." She looks through my file and clicks her pen once again, ready to scribble. "What is the last thing you remember with everything? Before the accident, during the accident. Such and such. But first, take a deep breath."

I do as she says, and even just the mention of the accident, and the whole amnesia thing it makes me panic a bit. Taking a deep breath helps.

"Take three more deep breaths while you close your eyes." She says, and I obey again. "Inhale.. exhale."

With every deep breath, it calms me down and I open my eyes again.

"Now we may really begin. So tell me, what you remember?"

"Well.. I do know that I was at the Hamptons and I never really knew the reason. I was driving by myself that's for sure." I say fiddling with my fingers. I don't know why I'm suddenly nervous. "I was like.. I was driving away from something.. from a party of whatever it was.. I was at my brother and I's summer house or at my mom's or dad's or something. Either of those. But I'm leaning towards my brother and I'd summer house. Sorry if I'm sort of rambling. It's hard to piece everything together."

"No. You don't need to apologize. This is a space where you can say anything." She says reassuringly with a warm smile. "Do you remember particularly why you had the accident?"

"No." I shake my head.

"Do you know what the house looks like? Try to remember everything you can. Or anything about it at all. The car you were in. Who you were with?"

"Well, I used my brother's car, a black Ferrari. And I was alone. And I knew I ended up in the forest well not really a forest but like the road out of the private area where our summer house was." As I explained, the information feels familiar. "I was running out the house and I got in the car. And everything else before that I don't remember. My brother and I just acted like nothing happened. It was hard for him to talk about so we just carried on. But I know something's pulling me down."