[26] Meeting the Parents?

Ella.

"Wait do you know people there?" I ask as Harry closes the door, his attention now focuses on the road, fingers gripping on the wheel.

"I do and you do too." He mumbles.

"What?"

"I mean.. if there are people you know are going there."

"Is it a huge party?" It probably is.

"Yeah kind of. It's like frat party but in an adult way." He chuckles. "My friends are going to be there. Louis is the one hosting it since him Liam and Zayn own the restaurant and bar we're going to. Branches in a lot of cities."

"Are they wild? Bonkers as you would say."

He chuckles again. "You'll see for yourself but they're nice, sophisticated people. But they can get bonkers. Louis' parents owned the multiple branches and all three of them decided to take part." We stop at a red light. "Party boys do have purpose after all."

"Is this like an annual party?" I ask and he turns to me and he laughs, an eye-crinkling and squinting laugh.

"Yeah. It's a New Years Eve party." He answers and he jokingly runs his eyes wiping 'tears' I just now realize how dumb that question was.

"I mean like is this a yearly party with your friends? Or was it just planned this year?"

"So many questions, El."

"Sorry, I just get nervous with people I don't know."

His expression then turns neutral, unreadable even.

"It's fine but yes, every year we celebrate together. Some of them come from Seattle, Chicago, and even London." I love his pronunciation of things. His accent is so sophisticated and elegant. "Don't worry, they'll... like you."

"I hope so."

"You're making this seem like it's the  'meeting the parents or meeting the friends' moment." A chuckle escape his lips.

"Does it feel like it?"

"I'm not your boyfriend or anything but kind of yeah. For some odd reason." He focuses his attention back to the road once again.

That was the answer I was looking for.
"Yeah, it's really weird but I guess I consider you as my best friend for now."

"For now? How about later?" He teases.

"Shut up, Harry." I giggle nervously.

He runs his hand through his hair. "Are you ready?"

"Born ready baby."

He smiles again, this time dimples appearing, deep dents beside his pink lips. His smile is so.. I don't even know. With one glance, you'd be determined to say anything to see it again.

He probably thinks I'm weird, if he hears my thoughts.

Honestly what the hell is happening to me?

"What are you thinking about?" He turns to me as he leads me to the stunning expensive bar. Our hands almost touch but he doesn't get ahold of my hand.

It feels familiar like everything we went too. "You're too quiet. Lighten up, love. It's New Years!"

"Woohoo!" I say cheerily before we enter the bar. A towering intimidating man, even taller than Harry, asks for our names, as he holds an iPad, waiting for our answers.