[15] Flurries

I had expected this morning to be hard since Harry crashed on the sofa and that I had to tiptoe my way throughout my whole penthouse to not wake him up but turns out he was a deep sleeper. I positioned his intoxicated body in a warm crochet blanket last night so he probably got really comfortable. Unlike me, I could be awaken easily just by a few taps on the shoulder. I just hummed around the kitchen making breakfast and I listened to the soft little snores slipping from his mouth, nuzzling onto the pillow.

I left him a note, thanking him for last night, which sounds wrong but for accompanying me and actually being really fun to be with and shortly after that I left him in my penthouse which is kind of weird but I had this impulsive feeling to trust him. I don't know why but I did.

I couldn't really focus on the paperwork I had been given, manuscripts I had to revise, and work in general. I blinked excessively to try to stay awake and went to the break room for a large cup of coffee since I really didn't have a good sleep last night, my current.. dilemmas lingering in my mind. I had ignored my brother a couple times when he tried to talk to me. He knows himself that I want to be left alone when I give people silent treatments so he just gave up and continued whatever it is he does as CEO. I don't plan on talking to him, my dad, even my mom any sooner since this marriage bullshit my Dad planned behind my back was supposedly 'not a big deal' from what I see.

That has been occupying my brain since Wednesday night but somehow last night with Harry's company, I forgot about it.

I suddenly hear a knock on my door , shaking me away from my thoughts. Alex steps in, a sigh leaving his mouth. "Hey, can I talk to you?"

"No." I mutter as I bring my attention back to my manuscript trying to focus on the revising. I try my best to be polite since I can get a tad out of control in arguments.

"Listen, whatever you and Dad discussed, I'm really sorry." He sits down on the grey chair in front of my large desk and what does he not understand in what I said, about me not wanting him here. "I know it was about his wedding."

"Well Sorry's not gonna fix that now brother." I scoff as my grip on my pen tightens.

"It wasn't my place to tell you know that." Sincerity is deep in his voice and I know for sure he really means it but I'm not ready for this apology yet.

"Obviously I knew that but doesn't it make sense for you to tell me when you knew it was a big deal? Sure, I maybe wouldn't have reacted this way if he told me he was seeing someone new but, he fucking told me that he's getting married out of nowhere. Are you really on his side?" I roll my eyes.

"I wanted to tell you but I knew it was gonna hurt you."

I still haven't look up from my paper. "That's what you all tell me but the outcome of not telling me sooner is worst right?"

Tears prick in my eyes as I swallow, ignoring the lump in my throat. Why the hell am I always so emotional? I finally look at him. "I understand that our parents have been distant with me ever since my accident two years ago and I know that telling me he's going to be with someone else is hard but did he really think this way was better?"

"No. I know that they weren't necessarily there for you but I was. and he really didn't tell you because it would feel like he's distancing himself away from you."

"He's been distant ever since so I would've appreciated him telling me about this marriage." I heavily sigh. "You still all don't get it do you?"

"What?"

"You think it was easy for me to wake up in that hospital bed not knowing what the fuck happened and all I had was you beside me the whole time, and mom and dad divorcing at that time? It's unfair Alex." I took a sip from my water bottle calming myself down so I wouldn't cry. "Sure they were there for a couple of hours but they continued with the divorce. They weren't there for me. And this whole marriage bullshit that he's doing without telling me first just made me completely realize that he was never there for me. That Mom and Dad weren't and aren't there for me."