[23] Seven Hours and Seconds

Listen to 'I Knew This Would Be Love' by Imaginary Future.

Harry.

"I spent Christmas there with my fiancée and her son. We actually went to her son's girlfriend's flat for dinner. Her name's Nicole."

I nearly choke as I take a sip from the glass of water the flight attendant, Daphne, just gave me.

"Are you alright?" His brow shoots up.

I scratch the back of my neck uncomfortably.

"Nicole... I know her."

"Oh." His eyes widen. "An ex-girlfriend of yours I'm guessing."

I nod along. "Unfortunately."

"This is a small world." He chuckles nervously.

"It is."

"So how are you right now, Harry?"

I should be angry at him. I shouldn't be casually talking to him like an acquaintance. For hurting my Ella. But this is actually a civil conversation and I don't want to argue for seven hours.

"I'm good." The most common statement people give even though their world is fucking rotting. "How about you Mr. Kingston?"

"I'm doing great. Do you talk to my daughter? You live in Central Park West right?"

I nod, fiddling with my rings. It always comes back to Ella. Always.

"Yes I do. For both questions."

"You live near her?"

"I live across her." I mumble it he manages to understand.

"Oh."

"Does she talk to you about me?" He asks. Now he's getting a tad interfering.
How the fuck am I supposed to answer that without calling him a bastard?

"Yes she does."

"Does she still hate me?" Vincent asks.

I glance at him for a second and fuck, I'm so close to moving my seat.

I sigh. "The truth is, she's hurting. She doesn't understand how and why you couldn't... why you couldn't tell her. It's simple really. She already couldn't take that her family is breaking and you and Joanne weren't even there for her for the accident. And you didn't even let me be there for her." It came out harshly.

"You still love her don't you?"

I swallow and nod, avoiding his gaze now.

"I do."

"She doesn't know who you are, Harry."

"She will.. soon." I mutter under my breath.

That's always been what I'm afraid of. Ella finding out of why she left me. Our past.

"Would she?"