Part 48

^^^^Hello peeps, sorry it's been less than my usual updates this week, been sick with the flu *yuck*. So I've made the decision to break this story into two books. So part 50, or the next part, will be the end of the first book. The second book will be posted shortly, it will be called 'consumed'.  The second book will be as long as this one, I really didn't want some monstrous sized book. Hopefully you all see my point. Anyways onto the next part^^^

The night started out steady, most of the tables easy and pleasant, most of them easy to persuade into Kurtis's special, Cheesy prawn covered steak with seasonal veg and their choice of side. A few times when she entered the kitchen to drop her load of dishes in their dish pit she got a towel snapped at her by Kurtis and cat call from the rest. She made sure to give them playful glares each time as she rolled her eyes on her way out. She had dressed casual, with black dress pants, with converse shoes and a dressy top, one of her favorites, a black on white wrapped top with short sleeves.

Once the night began to pick up full steam she fell back into her usual server routine she had when she was younger and went full swing into the night without a problem.

It was half way through the dinner rush before things began to go sideways. Anna loaded down her arms quickly before she hustled away from the pass bar to her table. As she checked their dishes and set their plates down accordingly she spotted another table try to wave her down.

"Where's our food?" They asked before she even approached their table.

"Who's your server?" Anna asked as she looked around.

"That little blonde one," A man with a bun nodded towards the small server, that Anna had learned was Steph, standing in front of the computer with a shell shocked expression.

Anna gave them the one minute signal before she darted around tables quickly, thankful she had decided to wear her converse shoes and rounded the bar.

"Steph, what's going on girl?" Anna asked as she got close.

Steph gave her wide eyes as she turned from the computer.

" I think you need to take a breather," Anna offered as she took her notepad from her and nudged her towards the kitchen. Anna finished punching the order in before she went in search for the table's food.

"Anna what's going out there," Kurtis asked from the pass bar. "We're getting back up here."

"A minor break down. Give me a minute," Anna called as she gathered up Steph's table order and hurried off. She came back and began to clear the pass bar, her's and Steph's orders. She got them out before she made second rounds on the way back. She managed to dodge the bus boy Rich as he nearly ran back into the kitchen with a bus pan full of dishes. She gazed around quickly and noticed it was only Emma, Landon and herself.

"Kurtis is Steph back there?" Anna called through the pass bar.

Kurtis looked around before he called over to roger to check out the back door.