Part 47

Anna finally set to work as she she unpacked her things and then his

Anna finally set to work as she she unpacked her things and then his. When she began to unpack the box from his bedroom She found herself melting when she found a picture of them together, from the first dinner she had taken pictures of. She had let Roger take the picture as Kurtis swept her up in his arms and she kissed him on the cheek. It was after the dinner and close to the end of their close. They were all goofing around, before mostly everyone went home, just before Emma went into her labour. Kurtis had gotten the picture printed and had it in a small frame. Anna smiled as she set it on his nightstand and stared at it for a few moments.

She finally finished packing and collapsing the boxes, tucking them away in the spare room before she heard the door open. She fought back her knee jerk panic and walked into the living room. Kurtis came in carrying two plates of food as he kicked the door shut.

"Hey," He smiled. Anna walked over and and took them from his hands before she kissed him.

"Hello," Anna called over her shoulder before and set the plates down on the table.

Kurtis came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her and leaned his chin on top of her head. Anna closed her eyes and sighed and she let herself sink into his body.

"It's so good to come home to you again," Kurtis sighed sadly. Anna opened her eyes and looked over her shoulder.

"I'm really sorry about everything," Anna sighed. Kurtis shook his head and sat down at the table. Anna did the same and bit her lip.

"Let's have that talk," He offered as he pushed his plate aside. Anna did the same and nodded.

"Start," He said as he clasped his hands together and put his arms on the table. Anna took a deep breath and explained everything for the second time fully during the day.

When she finished she looked up she saw him gritting his molars and staring blankly with a dark look on his face. She reached across the table and gripped his hand.

"It's over, it's in the past,"Anna whispered. He took her hands and flipped his darkened eyes up to her. "What did you say to me, don't think about it."

Kurtis's lip twitched slightly before he gripped her hands.

"Now you spill," Anna sighed as she braced herself.

"She didn't show for the appointment," Kurtis huffed as he shook his head. "So I had to literally pull some strings until I got a later time that day. I drove to her place, picked her up and threw her over my shoulder and took her to the doctors. As soon as I got the results, I went to the police station, filed a restraining order against her, and sought you out. I had to wait out Todd for awhile, a flower guy let me in for 20 bucks. Then after I made sure he had left, that's when I banged on your door."

Anna laughed sadly as tears sprung to her eyes.

"I told you, I would leave you alone for the time. But I knew something was wrong," Kurtis grit out. "If I had known he went to that extreme I wouldn't have let you out of my truck that night."