Part 20

Anna spent the next day going class to class like a zombie

Anna spent the next day going class to class like a zombie. When she had woke up this morning, Kurtis had already left. She felt another impact when she noticed the coffee maker had not been turned on, something that either of them usually did, whom ever woke up first turned on the coffee pot.

Anna felt like she should of know considering that the dinner had been more than quiet and awkward. Kurtis did what he had said, he had called her in before he pulled it out of the oven so she could see the results. But after he handed her a piece to try, he quickly finished his and put his plate in the sink, then headed off to his room, mumbling something about having a long day. Anna felt the gesture like a punch to the gut when he didn't even bother to ask what she had thought, which was more than glorious to her. Which, to her, meant he no longer cared about her opinion. Anna spent the last part of her night cleaning up the kitchen so he wouldn't have to in the morning, especially since she needed the extra cleaning to help distract her from her pathetic heart break.

Anna sighed as she headed for her next class before she checked her phone for any messages. She grimaced at the blank screen and stuck it back into her bag.

She managed to make it through the rest of her classes before she was finally free. She had ran into Leon briefly before class, which he decided to skip as he handed her some of his notes to add to their projects, and they quickly figured out the details for their date. He gave her a quick wink before he took off down the hall and caught up with a few other guys. Anna sighed as she tucked his note book in with the rest of hers before she headed into the classroom.

Anna slowly walked home after she handed in her project for their class and mindlessly looked around. She watched as cars zipped by on the street, as children ran ahead of their parents on the streets as their frantic parents called after them. She smiled as she watched a clever crow repeatedly throw random nuts from trees into traffic and let cars run over the shells to crack them before it swept down to take the prize.

Now there's an opportunist.

She finally made it home to an empty place and headed straight for her room. She stripped off her jacket and bag and began to get herself set up for getting ready for her date before she headed into the shower. She heard Kurtis come home just after she walked into the bathroom. She quickly showered and got out in record time so she didn't hog the bathroom and headed back into the bedroom.

Anna checked her reflection once again in her full length mirror and smiled at the results. The white summery dress fit better than she had figured, the empire waist showing of the small amount of curves she had, the fabric hanging beautifully around her waist. She had put on her white and blue pumps on she had purchased earlier that day and was grateful the way they tied everything together, including her white hair band. She went without any jewelry and minimal make up, just some winged eyeliner and mascara.

Once she was finished, she walked out into the kitchen to grab her keys from her book bag.

"What do you think?" Anna asked as she noticed kurtis working on something at his laptop and about to take a bite of the left over pizza. He froze mid bite once he turned his gaze towards her. Anna gave him a small smile and a slow spin. She turned back to him to find he had only closed his mouth but still seemed frozen in position, unblinking.