Ascaria Isabelle Valentine

Excuse any mistakes 

Two Weeks Later
Los Angeles, California

———————

The gym was packed full of students, faculty, and staff members. They were all here to find out where Scarlett and KaNoah were attending college. I was excited for Scarlett like it was my own signing day. I was happy for KaNoah as well even though he wasn't my favorite person right now. We all grew up together and I was happy that he was on track to graduate. Daddy was supposed to talk to him with Uncle Ty to squash anything that was needed. I wasn't too sure how that would go, though. KaNoah hated Uncle Ty at this point.

I looked over to the side to see Roman with his USC football jersey on. To my knowledge, Scarlett hadn't told him that she would be going there. I guess he was just hoping at this point. They weren't dating right now, but they remained in touch.

"Hi everyone. First and foremost, I want to thank God. I just want to thank you all for being here, sharing this moment with my family and I. It's been an honor to play basketball here. I want to thank the coaches and my teammates for a wonderful four years here. We've experienced the highs and the lows. Even though I would have liked to have finished my high school career off with another State title, I'm thankful for the memories and the three that we do have. Without any of you, I wouldn't be the player I am today."

Negative.

Scarlett looked at Daddy, and smiled. "To my amazing Daddy, I definitely wouldn't be the player I am today without you. You birthed two number one players which is something not too many NBA legends can say." The audience laughed, and agreed for the most part. "I thank you for pushing me even when I hated you for waking me up so early in the morning just to work on my dribbling."

"Now you the best dribbler in the country." He shrugged.

I'm the best dribbler in the country. Big facts.

   Scarlett looked at the audience, and let out a sigh. "I guess I'll tell y'all where I'm going to school now."

"You don't want to thank your big sister?" I looked at her.

"I was born first." She said matter of factly. "But, I was going to thank you. Since you're impatient, I want to thank my lovely twin sister. We've been bonded at the hip since birth and I'm definitely not going to like the distance during college. I love you so much, girl."

I dramatically wiped the fake tears off of my cheek. "I love you too, sis."

She rolled her eyes, and shook her head. "Ok, I want to thank all of the coaches who've recruited me throughout the four years and I'm grateful for this opportunity. Carrying the Valentine name can be a lot of pressure and I didn't quite understand why my brother, Kamari, chose Cal instead of Georgetown. Now, as someone who's about to make her own decision, I do understand. I wanted to create my own legacy while being close to my family. With that being said, during the next four years of my life, I'll be playing college basketball at The University of Southern California." Scarlett said into the mic as the gym exploded in cheers and applauses.

Daddy jumped up, showing off his customized jersey with her name on it. "Fight on!" He shouted out. Of course everyone was happy that Scarlett would be staying home to play basketball. It was the hometown team and this was considered home for us. We watched as she signed her letter of intent, and placed the cap on top of her head.