Malia Zaria Valentine

Malia and Khari will have a POV every blue moon. Enjoy it, lol.
————————

  My mom and Maya's twins had made it shortly after Ryan arrived

  My mom and Maya's twins had made it shortly after Ryan arrived. I was thankful because Makayla was starting to get on the my nerve. She, and Khari, was still holding on to a beef from sixteen years ago. Khari had every right to be upset, but trying to keep the peace between them proved to be difficult. Especially when both of them had keep it real mentalities. Makayla made some smart remarks, referring to me staying and being a stepmom. Totally uncalled for.

"So, Auntie, are you going to make any new recipes?" Ma'Rya asked.

   I nodded. "I tried a new recipe for red velvet cupcakes. You can tell me how they taste tomorrow."

"I know Ascaria is happy that you made anything red velvet." She chuckled.

   I looked at her. "Not sure how to tell her that it's nothing, but chocolate with red dye. It's going to hurt her heart." I joined in with my own laughter. "So, how's Yale?"

"Tough, but I got all A's. However, I'm not sure if I want to be a surgeon anymore."

   "What do you want to do?" I asked.

She sighed, shrugging her shoulders. "I'm not sure."

  "Well, it's just your freshman year. You have time to figure it out. Don't beat yourself up because I was the same way. I thought I knew what I wanted to do, but I had doubts." I reached over, and squeezed her hand gently. "Whatever you decide to do, however, I'm in your corner. Always."

Ma'Rya smiled, and hugged me. "Thanks Auntie. This why you're my favorite. Don't tell Aunt Makay that, though." She whispered causing me to giggle and nod my head.

  She got up, walking over to where her mom, sister and dad were. I glanced around the huge big yard, seeing my husband trying to play ball with the young kids. I shook my head because I was sure that he'd complain about his back later. Although he stayed in great shape, the incident years ago still had an effect on him. I got up, making my way to the basketball court.

It was the guys versus the girls. Khari, Kamari, and KaNoah made up one team while the twins and Ryan made up the other one. It was going to be a good one because Scarlett wasn't the only good basketball player on the girls team. Both Ascaria and Ryan could play, and well, but decided that they would only do it for fun. Scarlett the only one who took it seriously.

  "I bet you the boys mop the flo' with em." Ty said, appearing beside me.

I scoffed, and shook my head. "20 bucks the girls win."