Scarlett Isabella Valentine

Two Days Later
Oakland, California

Two Days LaterOakland, California

Randy Bowe

I'm aware that Mr. Savage doesn't have blue eyes. Randy's eyes change colors, though. Excuse any mistakes. Enjoy

———————

"Yea, we out here at my son's game. He bouta drop forty." Daddy said talking into the camera. He was going live on Periscope, for some reason. "Say hey sweetheart." He moved closer to Mommy, who licked his face and I saw him smirk. I had to turn away or I was going to gag. "Know what that means folk. Mama Bear need some tlccccc." He sung.

"Oh, wow." Auntie D looked at us.

"Do you see what we have to go through??" Ascaria said dramatically.

She chuckled to herself, and took a sip of her drink. She laid her head on Uncle Ky's shoulder, who was all into the game. I looked to the other side of me seeing Randy eating on a bag of popcorn. "Do you like basketball?" I asked.

   He looked at me, and nodded. "Yea, I do. I played football in high school, though. Messed up my knee and that was that." He responded with a shrug. "What about you?"

"I inherited the gene." I said with a light chuckle. "I'm going to play at USC."

   "That's good. I see Kamari did, too. But, it's sumn about kids playing after their legendary fathers. The pressure is just too much."

I nodded, totally feeling pressured at times. "True. I think my daddy has built us for this moment."

   He smiled, showing those perfect whitened dentals. "He sounds like a great dad."

I nodded again, agreeing with that statement. "He is. I wouldn't trade my daddy for the world." I looked over at Daddy while he stood up and cheered Kamari on.

     Randy reached over, and tapped Auntie D's shoulder. She looked at him with a blank expression and he started to say something, but decided against it. He just sat back in his seat, and engaged in a conversation with Nana. I looked at Auntie D who had the expression that she didn't want to be bothered so I left it alone.

"Auntie D is crazy. I love Uncle Ky, but Randy is too fine." Ascaria whispered.

   "She loves Uncle Ky." I whispered back.

"But, she's in love with Randy. Or shall I say Uncle Randy." She smirked, and I looked over at Auntie D who had a distant look on her face. You could tell that she was thinking, and I knew this had to be really tough on her. Honestly, I don't think anyone would know what to do.

    My phone vibrated, and it was a text from Iman. He sent me a picture of him and Ryan with their tongues out as they were at some type of carnival. He went to New York on business and I guess found some time for his lil sis. I smiled at the picture, and briefly looked up to see Kamari running up the court with the ball in his hands. He dunked on two people causing almost everyone to get up on their feet. Daddy nearly ran on the court.