Iman Khalil Valentine

The next morning...

—————————

  I was looking over some designs that a few people from my create team had sent me

I was looking over some designs that a few people from my create team had sent me. We were starting on the summer collection and I wanted this summer to be about men being free, carefree. I felt like masculinity was so bottled up and bumpy while feminism was so jazzy and smooth. So, the theme for the collection was Men in Pink. I didn't like most of the designs so I'd probably go to Ascaria for some while making my team do theirs over.

I briefly looked at Layla, who was sleeping peacefully. She had just gotten back from Ohio last night from meeting with Aunt Danielle. According to her, everything went great and she was her official business partner. I was happy for her to say the least and I had a lot planned for her today. I just had to get my shit out of the way. My phone vibrated beside me, and I grabbed the device seeing Kamari's name appear across the screen.

Sitting my MacBook to the side, I answered the call and put the phone to my ear. "Wassup?"

"What you up to brudda?" He asked.

I got up to go into the front so I wouldn't wake up Layla. I shook my head, and moved into the kitchen. "Nothin' much. Workin'. What about you?" I opened the frig, realizing that we didn't have anything in there which meant I had to go to the grocery store.

"Chillin' with my lady right now. I gotta talk to you about something." I closed the refrigerator, and scratched my shoulder. He sounded serious so I took a seat on the bar stool and gave him my full attention.

"What is it?"

"I'm going to rehab." He answered after a few seconds of silence.

I lifted my eyebrows in shock. I really didn't think he would actually go through with it. But, I could tell you that I was one proud ass brother. "You made my mornin' with that shit man. I'm proud of you." I said honestly.

"Yea, thanks kid. Gotta thank your future sis in law, though."

"That's right!" I heard her over the phone.

I chuckled. "Damn, she loud as fuck." I moved back into the bedroom seeing Layla still knocked out. "Tell her thank you, though." I put on some jeans and hoodie before putting on my shoes. I grabbed my keys and wallet off the stand next to my side of the bed and headed out of the house.

"She said you're welcome, little bro."

I smacked my lips and shook my head. "You gon be aight?" I walked out, and locked the door before going to my car. I slid into the driver's seat, pushing the push to start button and pressing the Bluetooth button on my phone. "Yea, Ima be aight." His voice sounded through the car. "I know I'm doing it for a good reason. I gotta get better."