Scarlett Isabella Valentine

As promised, here's your update . Be sure to check out the new book that is sure to follow this series once I'm done. This book is nowhere near done. This will be the longest book of the series. Drama, drama, and more drama. Excuse the damn mistakes. Enjoy 😘

———————

My mom was shaking with anger when she learned what Vince had did to Ascaria. Iman brought her home from the Chinese market, and it seemed like she wanted to burst. As soon as she walked in the door, she ran to mom and spilled everything. Iman was pissed off, to say the least. But, I think mom had him beat. "Let's go." She said, picking up her purse.

  "Where are we going?" I asked.

She looked at the three of us, then at, who I learned was Sydney. "I'm sorry. But, how I'm about to act is really not who I am as a person. However, I don't like play about my babies." She looked at us. "We're going to pay Vince a visit."

  "No!" Ascaria yelled. Mom looked at Ascaria while Ascaria shook his head. "His mom already don't like me."

"Even better. Let's go. I got some for her ass, too. Scar, you're driving." She flipped her hair and walked towards the door.

  "Uh oh." Iman mumbled.

"This is not gonna be pretty." I added, grabbing my keys and following her out. Ascaria and I got into my car with mommy while Iman and Sydney trailed behind us in his car. Ascaria, tentatively, gave me the directions to his house. My mom's leg was jumping up and down, ferociously. I wondered what she was going to say, or do.

  I tried to drive as slow and fast as I could. I was in between not wanting to piss her off even more by driving slow and not wanting to get a speeding ticket. He lived kind of far out from where we stayed, which was expected. We lived close to Beverley Hills, but in the better suburbs. When I turned into the neighborhood, I noticed decent houses. Not houses that were identical to the ones in our neighborhood. Again, I expected it.

I had to drive slow now because Ascaria didn't remember the house. We circled the neighborhood about five times before she noticed his car in one of the driveways. I prayed she was wrong. When my dad acted out, it was expected. But, when my mom had to step out of character, it was crucial.

  I remember when my third grade teacher was picking on me and my mom had to come up to the school. Black moms already don't like having to come up to the school because they have better shit to do. She was pissed. I never heard that many curse words back to back in my life. I also remember when she was fighting the big girl who was picking on Ascaria. If she fought a kid back then, I knew she didn't have a problem doing it again.

I parked in front of the nice sized house, shutting off the engine. I looked over at mom, who had her eyes closed. She was trying to get herself together before she got out of the car. That never worked, though. After about five seconds, she pushed the car door open and got out. My mom was so classy even when she had to get ratchet. Here she was about to confront a teenage boy and his mama in Red Bottom Louboutins, dark denim jeans, and a red blazer. Her hair was bone straight, the famous purple that she had wore over the years.

  I got out of the car so I could be nosey. Ascaria didn't want to see him, which I understood. Iman was the first to make it to the doorstep, though. He was always our protector so this was nothing new for him. My mom knocked on the door, then rung the doorbell a few times just in case they didn't hear the knocks.