Ryan Tierra Valentine

Later that day...

————————

I walked into the house, and Trio immediately ran to greet me at the door. He barked numerous times to get my attention while I took off my coat. "Hey Trio!" I bent down to greet and rub on him. "You missed me, huh? Did you eat?" I got up to go check his food and water tray in the kitchen. It was nearly empty so I refilled them both. He immediately went to the water and drunk it like he was so thirsty. I looked in the refrigerator to see if my mom made anything.

There was some things taken out for later so I decided to just eat a fruit salad. When I turned around, I saw her leaning against the wall with her arms folded. I sat the container on the island, and opened it. My mom and I's relationship had been a little rocky since I had gotten back from LA. I really didn't enjoy being lied to especially by her. It made me question everything she said. I popped a grape into my mouth before grabbing a bottle of Naked juice.

"You couldn't feed Trio since you was here this whole time?" I sat my phone on the counter, and scrolled down my twitter feed. I rolled my eyes at all of the girls tweeting me heart eyes over my daddy.

"I bought that dog for you. He's your responsibility, plus, it was filled before I went back to sleep." She replied.

Looking up at her briefly, I returned my eyes to my phone. "I guess." I mumbled lowly and exited out of Twitter. I went to my messages, and sighed seeing Sean's name popping up. He was a guy I had met when I got back from LA. He was sweet and charming, but very inconsistent. We used to text and talk a lot. Now, he pops up when he wants to and I didn't have a good feeling about him anymore.

"How was school?" She asked.

I glanced up at her briefly before taking a sip of my juice, and shrugged. "It was school."

She sighed, and leaned off the wall to come into the kitchen. Just then, my phone rung and like clockwork, it was Ascaria calling. Every since I had left, we'd call each other every day after school. She had seemed to time about when I was at home since we had a major time difference. I grabbed my phone and answered it while going upstairs to my room with my fruit. Trio quickly followed behind me.

"Hey girl."

"Hey sisssss. What are you doing?" I plopped onto the bed and Trio jumped to lay with me.

"Just got home not too long ago." I looked over at the clock. "About to go to practice in about two hours."

"Oh okay. Daddy got me going to this gym with him and I can't keep up with the old man." She snorted.

"Y'all gon get enough calling me old when you can't even walk one mile." I heard daddy say.

"Hey daddy!"

"Hey babygirl. How was school?"

I laid back, and ate a cantaloupe. "It was actually pretty good. I made an A on my British literature test and for the millionth time, I didn't have to buy my lunch today."

"Scammer." He chuckled.

"Scam life or no life, daddy." Ascaria said. "Ain't that right Ry?"

"Mhmm." I hummed. "He knows this because he's the one who taught us."

"Don't tell anybody that." He said.