Danielle Giselle Irving

Excuse any mistakes, please.

Los Angeles, California

————

I ended my call and dropped my phone in my purse as Ky rung the doorbell. Reaching over, I fixed his bowtie then kissed the side of his mouth. He looked at me with a smirk and I gave him an innocent smile. Suddenly, the door swung open.

"Oh shit." Kamari cursed causing me to furrow my eyebrows together.

"Hey, Mari. What's wrong?" I asked, attempting to step into the house. However, he blocked my access making me look at him weirdly. He looked like he was constipated. "Kamari, you're being weird. Am I not invited in?"

Kyrie looked at him and chuckled a little. "Mari, are you ok?"

"Yea." He cleared his throat and stepped to the side. Kyrie and I walked in, and I looked at Kamari once more before going into the living room. I heard Khari's voice and he sounded like he was upset. I wondered if I had come at the wrong time. Maybe him and Malia were arguing or something. However, it was another voice that sounded eerily familiar.

Before I could enter the living room, Malia met me in the foyer and I lifted my eyebrows in delight. She was beautiful as always. Malia had changed a lot since her break up with Duane and her healing from Khari's wrongdoings. You couldn't get her to wear a dress of this caliber without her being insecure about something.

   "Hey sis. You look amazing!" I greeted her, pulling her in for a hug. When she didn't say anything, I pulled back a little to look at her. She gave me the same look Kamari gave me and now I was worried. "What's wrong?"

She looked at Kyrie, and nodded before looking back at me. "Where are the kids?"

  "They're with my mom." I folded my arms across my chest. "Why?"

Just then, Khari appeared from around the corner with a flustered expression on his face. I took in his appearance as well, impressed. When he turned to me, his expression turned angry. "Did you know?!"

   I was taken aback by his attitude towards me. I blinked a few times, confused as to why he was angry and why he was taking it out on me. "Hey to you too, Khari. I'm fine, thanks for asking." I said sarcastically.

Malia turned to him with an irritated look. "Do you think she would know? You think she would fake something like this for years?" I looked at the two of them, clearly confused. I hated being in the dark about something and they clearly knew something I didn't know. I wanted to know what it was.

  "Fake what exactly?" I asked, getting irritated myself. I looked at the two of them, and they couldn't seem to get their words out.

I heard the voice again from the other room sending a cold chill down my spine. Whoever it was, I knew him. It was deep yet smooth. It was only one person that I knew who had that smoothness. Even Khari had a little roughness to his. Kyrie's wasn't deep, and Iman inherited his father's.

Not wanting the suspicion to linger, I moved around Malia and Khari and entered the living room. I noticed the twins standing in front of the couch with that backs turned to me. However, they were talking to someone on the couch, whom I couldn't see.

"Hey Ascaria and Scarlett." They both turned around simultaneously with smiles on their faces.

Finally, a normal reaction.

They both came up to greet me with a hug, and I looked at the figure on the couch. He had his back turned to me, but something told me that I knew him. "Who is this?" I whispered.