Epilogue

Epilogue

Six Years Later

“No, don’t look at it yet!  It’s not time!”

“Come on, Lola.  It’s totally been enough time.  You’re just too nervous.”

“Of course, I’m nervous!  You should be, too!  I mean, this could change our lives forever!”

“And who says I’m not?  I just hide it better than you do.”

“But what if we’re not?”

“Then we’ll just have to try again.  Besides, you know that’s always fun.”

“You’re such a perv!”

“Only with you, babe.”

Sometimes I could smack that man.  Most of the time I did. 

Just like we promised each other, Owen and I got married.  It wasn’t a few years down the road like we thought.  It was only actually about a year.  Arin and Variel wouldn’t let it be any longer than that. 

Adrian was still in our lives, even after moving back to D.C. with his dad after he got out of the hospital.  I talked to him every few days and he even came once every few weeks to visit all of us. 

He was over me, which I will admit I was really happy about.  And what surprised me the most was that he was engaged now.

And to Michelle.

Apparently something happened between them while Adrian was in the hospital.  They were pretty much inseparable after that.  Adrian and I were able to form a friendship, which was much easier than it had been before with us. 

Everyone else was the same. 

Trygg and Variel moved out two years after the last attack on D.C. and had just gotten married six months ago. 

Arin and Eric were engaged and had just gotten a house a few months ago.  We all were in the process of planning their wedding. 

The twins were…well, still the twins.  They got their own place at the beginning of our second year of college.  And once Sean started, he moved in with them.  I never went over to their place for fear of what it might look like.

Zack and Sarah finally welcomed a daughter, Ella, just a few months after the attack.  They had been planning on telling all of us, but then it happened.  Let’s just say that all of us were overjoyed when she arrived after everything that we’d been through in the last year. 

Chloe was almost thirteen now.  She was still living with me and Owen, Bade included.  It was amazing to see the amazing young woman that she’d grown up to be.  She was on the cheerleading squad at her school and loved to hang out with her friends on the weekends, though she always made more than enough time to spend with me.

Project Infinity was officially closed after the second attack on D.C.  All of the records were destroyed so no one would be able to get them.  We still did some work with Homeland Security, though.   

So we were the only people living in our huge house.  Well, that was hopefully going to change in a few months. 

I watched as Owen walked into our bathroom, nervously placing my hands in my lap as I sat on the bed.  He was taking way too long looking at the three pregnancy tests that I’d just taken a few minutes before.

“Owen!” I said. 

He came out then, carrying the three tests in his hands.  His expression was blank as he knelt down in front of me.

My face fell.  “We’re not, are we?  I mean, this was the first time we tried.  I should have known it wasn’t going to be that easy!  We…”

He reached up and pressed a finger to my lips.  Slowly, he laid the three tests in his other hand, holding them out to me so I could read the results. 

My eyes misted over as I looked back up at him.  “We’re pregnant,” I whispered. 

A breathtaking smile lit up his face.  “We’re pregnant,” he said just as quiet. 

I laughed as I cried, wrapping my arms around his neck.  He held me tight as we both laughed and cried. 

“God, how are we going to tell everyone?” I asked, wiping under my eyes. 

“Well, everyone is coming over for dinner tonight…”

I nodded.  “We’ll tell them then.”

Owen just looked at me with the sweetest expression on his face. 

“What?” I asked, putting my hand against his cheek.

He smiled slightly, pulling my hand away to kiss my palm.  Electricity shot through my body just like it always did. 

“Nothing,” he said, and his smile broadened.  “I was just thinking…”

“About what?”

“I hope Variel’s right and our kids are beautiful mutant babies.”

I laughed, pulling him toward me again, and kissed him.

***And...

This trilogy is finished!!!1  I'm going to miss Lola and Owen and the whole gang so much!!!1  D:

So tell me your thoughts, please!  I want to hear from everyone who followed them for this long!  :D

Comment, Vote, and Like!!!1***