Chapter 10

Chapter 10

It was complete torture.

He could practically feel whenever she was around.  He wanted her…needed her…but he was acting like a complete ass to her. 

But he couldn’t help it.  With everything that he was hearing at school, it got his mind reeling about what it was like when he first saw her.

And yes, he mean when he first saw her. 

He remembered thinking about how beautiful she was, watching her as she sat with her friends their first day of freshman year.  He remembered when she’d passed by him in their biology class and he had to resist the urge to ask her to be his lab partner. 

But he couldn’t remember when they first officially met. 

He could only remember that one day. 

He hated it, only getting bits and pieces of his memory.  He wished that he could just doze off and get more back, maybe even all of it. 

And that’s just what happened.  Well, sort of.

When they’d gotten back to the house from school, he’d gone up to his room – a room he still didn’t remember – and laid down on his bed.  Apparently he did doze off for a few minutes…

And when he woke up, he remembered that night with her. 

He remembered that she’d woken up from a bad dream, though he didn’t remember what the dream was about even though she told him.  She’d been crying and he tried to comfort her. 

Then she told him that she was falling for him and he remembered just how happy he’d been hearing that come from her lips.  Those lips that he then kissed. 

He could practically feel that kiss and knew that there were more.  He was frustrated that he couldn’t remember spending more time with her after that. 

But he could now. 

He jumped up from his bed and walked across the hallway toward her closed bedroom door.  But before he opened it up, he paused, hearing voices. 

She was talking to him.

"I can't stand being around him because he can't remember anything, but at the same time I can't keep away!"

"Shh.  It's going to be okay."

"But what if it won't?  What if he doesn't remember anything from before?  Doesn't remember what we had together?  What if he never loves me like I love him?  What if, in a few years, he wants to move away and finds someone else to love?  I don't think I would be able to take it if that happened!"

"If that happens, there's nothing you can do about it.  Just let him go do whatever he wants."

"I'm not finished.  But he could get his memory back and remembers you.  Whatever happens, I'll be there no matter what, okay?"

"You will?"

"Of course.  But even if he does remember that he loves you, I'm still going to try to get you to pick me."

"Okay.  Deal.

He waited for her to say something else to him, but there was nothing.  He could hear the rustling of fabric…

And then the unmistakable sound of a kiss.  

Anger flared in him and he was thinking whether or not to charge into her room and rip them apart.  He could take him.  He knew he could.  

But he didn’t.  If he wanted her, too, then he would have to get through him.

He would fight for her no matter what because he now knew that he’d loved her before.

And he knew that he was falling in love with her again.  

***One guess as to who that was...  ;D

Comment, Vote, and Like!!!1***