Chapter 25

***I'm on a roll today, huh?!?***

Chapter 25

Alex. My brother Alex. He was the one who was planning the attacks on D.C.

When I saw his grinning face in my vision, I was in complete shock. Alex was like me...well, in the way of having powers. I didn't know what he could do just yet, but I was planning on finding out what it was.

Alex crossed his arms across his chest and grinned still. It was a cocky grin that I'd never seen before. My entire image of him was completely changed now. To me, he wasn't my brother anymore, just an evil guy who was planning on destroying D.C.

"How could you?" I asked, looking up at him. "How you break into the Secretary of Defense's office and steal Project Infinity?"

His eyes narrowed and his smile disappeared. It was replaced by his clenched jaw. "You were the one to steal and destroy it, weren't you?" he growled.

"How could you?" I asked again. "I don't get why you want to destroy all of D.C. I've seen what happens and I would have never believed you were the one behind it."

"Well, guess what. I am," he said, and then his evil-looking grin was back. "And I'm not the only one either."

He stepped back from the doorway revealing the inside of the warehouse.

"Come on out, guys!" Alex yelled.

The first person out of the room was one of the guys I saw in the parking lot of school. I remembered his name was Brian because he'd actually graduated from high school with Alex.

The next was another guy I saw. I'd seen him only a handful of times, mainly at football games. I think he was the brother of someone I was in school with.

The next person who walked out made my eyes widen. It was Aspen, Caleb's girlfriend. She was grinning at me as she looped her arm through the second guy's arm. So that must have been who he was related to.

Then Carlos came out. He was grinning like he always seemed to be. It was even cockier today since he looked like he knew I was surprised.

But the four people before didn't prepare me for the last.

"Caleb?" I gasped.

He was smiling at me...and then I saw that his hands were resting on the hilts of the swords that were on his waist. I shook my head because this was just too much to take in. My whole entire life before was basically a lie. One huge lie.

"Don't you just love that you didn't know basically anything?" Alex said, laughing. "You should see your face right now."