Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Owen’s alarm clock woke me up in the morning.  It was a good thing that he woke up earlier than I usually did or we would have had to explain to Arin and Variel about why I wasn’t in my bedroom this morning.

Owen groaned as he turned to shut off the alarm clock and then settled back down beside me.  Opening his eyes slowly to see me laying there beside him, he started smiling.

“Morning, beautiful,” he said.

A blush automatically crept up onto my face at his words.  “Morning,” I said.

Reaching up, he cupped my face in his hand and brushed my cheek with his thumb.  “I like it when you blush,” he said. 

That made my face burn even more.  “Well, I don’t,” I said. 

I pushed the covers off of me and stood up.  As I walked toward his door, I heard him get up quickly and then his arm wrapped around my waist, turning me around toward him.  I only saw his face lean down toward mine a split second before his lips pressed down on mine.  My heart started pounding and I immediately wrapped my arms around his neck.

“Sorry,” he said, pulling back.

“For what?” I asked.

He shrugged.  “For annoying you,” he said.  “With that blushing comment, I mean.”

I shook my head.  “You didn’t annoy me,” I said, and he gave me a look that said he didn’t believe a word I was saying.  “Okay, maybe.  But it’s not that you annoy me.  It annoys me that I can’t hide anything from you it seems.”

He grinned again and kissed my forehead.  “That’s right,” he said.  “Now go get dressed before Arin and Variel wake up and find you in here.”

I smiled as I made my way back to my room.  It didn’t seem like anyone was up since their doors were all closed.  Once I shut my door to my room, I went into my bathroom to take a shower and get ready.

Arin and Variel came in my room just as I was about to try and figure out what I was going to wear.  I tried my hardest not to think of Owen any so Arin wouldn’t know what happened the night before between us.  It was kind of hard and I slipped up a few times.  That got me questionable looks from her.

Once I was dressed and ready with the help of the two of them, we headed downstairs to the kitchen where the boys were, already eating breakfast.

My heart started pounding when Owen looked at me and started walking over.  I could see that knowing smirk on his lips as he got nearer until he was standing right in front of me.  Feeling the eyes of everyone in the kitchen on us, he took my face in his hands and slowly kissed me.

I could vaguely hear everyone’s ‘about time’, ‘oh, my God’, and ‘da-yum’ comments. I could feel Owen smiling against my lips before he pulled away and we looked over at everyone’s grinning faces.