Chapter 9, Facebook and Fairies

The Annual Engineering trip had been a great success and that was heard everywhere,  from the school newspaper,  to the Monday morning announcements.  The speaker shamelessly embellished the number of students that had attended the trip but boasted the facts,  it was on time,  incident-free and,  the one he seemed to praise the most,  under budget.  Kongpop was given accolades for his team and their accomplishment.  

The broadcast didn't include the even bigger news,  Arthit and Kong were everywhere on social media.  

Aim was waiting for Kong as always,  his face showed only that he wanted to talk to Kong and when Kong actually reached him,  Aim took Kong's arm and pulled him into the small anti-room just off the side of the main lecture theatre.

.....................

...................

Other than asking over and over,  "What the hell?"  Kong really didn't have time to say anything, before Aim blurted out,   "Kongpop,  do you have any idea what's going on?'

Seeing Aim excited is a rare thing indeed,  he usually has a quiet goofy kind of humour but today,  on one side of the door he looked himself.  On the other side of the door he looked slightly crazed.  Kong smiled,  "No,  Aim,  what are you talking about,  what's going on?"

"Geez,  haven't you even looked at your phone this morning?" The sound of utter disbelief was in his voice.  

"Ah, as you can see I'm already late,"  Kong was looking a little flushed,  it was for more reasons than just having hurried to school.  The way his eyes were averted from Aim's is where he gave himself away. Aim blushed when he thought over the reasons why Kong may have missed the news.

Kong was reaching for his phone when Aim launched into it.

"You know how me and the guys, ah,  well everybody from our junior year,  have kind of kept a low profile about you and Arthit,  right?    I, ah,  mean we're not embarrassed or anything but we don't go around talking about your private stuff."

Kong started to laugh and punched Aim's upper arm.  He then swung his around Aim's neck and pulled him close,  rubbing the top of his head with his knuckles,  "You guys are always teasing us and making jokes."

Aim grabbed Kong by the shoulders and held him,  looking serious,  "no Kong this is real,  I mean there's a Facebook page and everything."

"Facebook page,  Aim?"  The more dire look in Aim's eyes was the first spark that got Kong's attention.

"A bunch of girls are shipping you and Arthit,  they made a page,  it's everywhere.  Someone has even written out your whole history together,  "Everything,"  Kong."

Pulling his iPad from his bag he flipped it open,  the Facebook page was already loaded he turned it to Kong's face and moved it in close.  "Kong,  do you see what I mean now."