Chapter 25, Guitars and Moons

.............

..........

The dynamic of the little breakfast club had changed immensely.  Kong, Wad, Aim,  May and Praepalin were still the seniors.  Dat,  Mali,  Kit and Lek were the new cool kids who had Kongpop,  a celebrated Head Hazer,  listed among their friends.  Then there was Tat,  their best friend,  the only other Head Hazer in the history of the school to potentially hold the title of Moon at the same time.

Tat had already been selected and was now worrying about the talent aspect.  He told the gang he wouldn't decide anything until he talked to P'Knot.

They would find that out on Friday coming,  an assembly would be held, and, the speaking and talent portions of the show would commence in the early afternoon.  The new Moon and Star of the University would be selected thereafter.

None of the aforementioned people was surprised when Wad didn't come to school on Thursday,  his reunion with Prem was a spectacular success and everyone expected the pair to remain behind closed doors for a day.  But,  Wad didn't come on Friday either, and, at lunchtime, there were lots of smart smiles moving around the table as they could talk still,  of nothing else.  

Dat and Mali had a thousand questions.  What they'd witnessed at the book signing left them insanely curious as to the story behind the two mysterious men that caused such an uproar.  

There was hardly a need to be guarded on the subject,  Kong and Praepalin divulged almost everything they knew about the history of the love affair between the two schoolmates.  

Kong knew Dat and Mali already owned signed copies of the novel and from what Praepalin said,  it spoke in plain and no uncertain terms about the relationship Prem and Wad shared.  Of course, the girls had already finished the book,  what they really wanted to know was,  "What did "you" guys know,  did anyone suspect that they were seeing each other?"

Tat spoke up and held up his finger.  "P'Knot knew."  He sat back quietly and turned a little pink.

Kongpop glanced at Tat. "I discussed it with Arthit,  we both felt a little funny about reading the "in's and out's" of our friends love lives."  

Kong giggled and put his hand over his mouth when he told the bunch about the conversation.  "P'Arthit turned every shade on the colour wheel at the thought of someone reading about what we do in the privacy of our home."

Dat couldn't help herself,  her BL magnet had been turned on.  "Ah,  but,  P'Kong did you know anything was going on back then?"

Kong reached and poked the end of Dat's nose with his finger.  "Hmm,  you read all about what was happening to me at the time."  He turned his head and looked at her from the corner of his eye,  he flashed them back and forth to Tat several times before he spoke.  "I didn't have it easy like Prem did with Wad,  they fell in love right off the bat,  and,  I had to work a lot harder than Tat here did."  Kong pointed.  "P'Arthit made me work really hard and he flat out rejected me more than once."  Kong stuck out his bottom lip in a fabricated pout.