Chapter 26, Friends and Lovers

....................

................

The door almost slammed shut.  When he turned back into the room,  his face was a dark red.  He looked mad.

"Kongpop!  How could you do that to me?"

"I'm sorry P',  are you angry?"

He growled and snarled and showed his teeth but,  held out his arm defeated.  From his hand hung the plastic bag,  its contents,  noodle boxes,  from Humm's Noodle House.

Kong backed away as if Arthit might throw it at him.  "I really am sorry P',  but I wanted noodles and nobody makes them better."  Kong held up his finger.   "At least you're dressed this time P'."

"P',  it's really just a snack,  I don't think you and I will have time to eat tonight,  there are too many guests."  Kong's vain attempt to change the subject wasn't going to work.

It was true,  Arthit was still wearing one of his sharp suits from work.  When he first got home,  instead of showering and changing,  he'd checked to see that the fridge full of beer and other cold items were indeed cold.  He also spent some time unpacking the big box of cocktail glasses that the rental company dropped off.

So, when Kong said he'd take care of dinner,  Arthit never thought for a second that he'd be facing that same delivery boy, and certainly not so soon after his last embarrassing encounter.

Arthit smiled at Kong,  he made his voice sound incredulous.  "And the little bugger made me pay this time."

Kong chuckled.  "Did you think he was going to buy our dinner for us again P'Arthit?  I think you have to show him your ass for that."

Kongpop was really asking for it,  and,  if they didn't have a houseful of guests arriving in an hour,  he surely would.

Arthit curved his lips into a clown-like version of a smile.  "Kongpop,  you will pay dearly for that remark."

.............................