Chapter 6, Poets and Pink Cheeks

............

..........

He had made breakfast in bed for Arthit, hot coffee and even peeled his orange. He laid out Arthit's clothes for him and had his briefcase ready by the door. Having to leave before him, he kissed Arthit good-bye, still seated on the bed, the floor was still littered with Arthit's colourful gift. With the promise that he'd be back tonight and that they would talk at length. "I love you."

Leaving Arthit's apartment he was on a high.  He felt like he did the night Arthit kissed him on the bridge. How could he ever forget it?  Arthit's taking control,  Arthit's pulling forcefully on his tie.  P's lips were warm and so soft on his own.  He remembered the feeling and how his whole body felt weak.  

Just hours before the kiss he had been in the lowest slump of his life.  Kong so convinced that Arthit was never going to be the guy he wanted him to be.   

Now,  after his amazing strawberry night with Arthit,  Kong found himself revelling in the past as he strolled along.  

The tree-lined street was casting shadows on the ground under his feet.  His mind was drifting between the glory of last nights Arthit and the Arthit who kissed him on the rooftop.  Earlier that same night  Arthit told all their friends he was dating him,  that Arthit was so brave.   Kong could still see Arthit's smile as all their friends stood amazed at his declaration...  "Kongpop is my boyfriend."

This morning was the same kind of high.  The one where you walk but you can't feel your legs,  your heart beats in your ears when you arrive at your destination and you have no idea how you got there.  

More images,  a second kiss from this beautiful man.  This one even more tender,  it was made more special by Arthit's words.  "You're the only one I care about."  Arthit accepted his invitation to stay over in his dorm room.  Kong remembered not being able to sleep that night.  Lying beside him all night was unreal,  he couldn't convince himself it was actually happening.  He was sure he'd wake and find it all a dream.

Kong was thinking out loud.  "I may have been the one to chase Arthit down but somehow it was Arthit who made all the moves and,  boy,  could he make them."   

No sooner had the words came out of his mouth and he snapped back long enough to look around and see if anyone heard him talking to himself.

That same blurry ecstatic high was working its magic again,  he looked up,  Kong was at school.    Looking at his phone he found he was on time,  bright, fresh and,  a definite spring in his step.  His hair was perfect and his clothes were impeccable.  Aim was waiting for him exactly where he did every morning.  Kong's smile was a dead give away that things were looking up.  

The curiosity on Aim's face meant he would have to talk with him too,  but that would have to wait until lunch.  Aim was satisfied with that and waved at Kong as they separated outside the lecture theatre Kong was about to enter.