Chapter 10, Beers and Tears

Waking alone in the bed just didn't feel right.  Kongpop looked at the clock and could see it was still an hour before the time he'd set it to rouse him.  Dragging his arm over to where Arthit should be,  he ran his hand over the cold sheet,  the emptiness of it, unwanted.

After a good long stretch, he was able to slide himself from the comfort of the bed and stand. Shoving the curtains back, the still dark sky was not showing any promise of sunrise yet.  Looking across,  there was only one light on in the other building.  He took in a sharp breath,   letting it out,  it carried a feeling of melancholy.  He unlocked the glass door and sliding it,  he stepped out onto his small balcony.  Someone was awake in Arthit's old dorm-room.  

Standing there,  every moment that had been leading to this day,  passed through his mind.  He smiled at the early images of Arthit,  in his night-clothes,  hair messy and scratching his butt.  Kong found it hard to remember how he felt at the time.   

.......................

Everything was already packed except for the bedding and a few things left in the bathroom.  Kong wanted to have it all done before Arthit and their friends arrived.  Most importantly he wanted to make sure everything was clean.  

He scanned all the boxes piled neatly near the entrance.  Kong couldn't believe how much he had accumulated while he stayed in the dorm.  Shaking his head he asked himself, "Where did it all come from?"

All there was left to eat was toast and peanut butter.  The fridge was left empty when he took the bread out and made himself a morning snack.  Sitting at the small table,  he glanced at his blank bulletin board.  He couldn't believe how many memories this little room held.  A tear fell from his eye when he thought of leaving the bed where he first slept with Arthit.  "God!,  why am I getting so sentimental?  I get to sleep with P'Arthit every night now."

Shaking it off,  he showered and launched into it.  The volume of his little blue-tooth speaker was turned low but Kong had some nice beats going,  it made the cleaning fly by.  

The sun was heating things up,  Looking up from the scrub brush, Kong had used up the entire morning,  there wasn't a single thing left to do.  

He pulled out his phone to check the time,  even the bedside clock was packed away now.  Before he could get it out of his bag it rang.  It was Arthit and Wad,  he'd borrowed his sister's car and they were right downstairs,  ready to start.

With Aim,  Wad and Arthit the four had everything in the car painlessly.  May and Praepalin arrived halfway through,  stunned to find the room so clean you could eat off the floor.  Arthit laughed at them both,  "You really didn't think that Kong would need anyone to clean,  did you? Kong's room is this clean even when he's not moving."  He chuckled, shook his head and made a squishy face.  Too cute.  The girls laughed back,  they had heard that about Kong, and, when they thought about it,  of course, it was spotless,  just like him.

Kong and Aim would ride with the girls in a cab,  they would each have a box on their lap because the car was so full.  The guys,  Arthit and Wad would pack themselves in the now filled car.  Knot and Nong'Tat were going directly to Arthit's place,  everything had been well organised.  

The designated elevator proved it's weight in gold again.  With seven people helping,  even the girls lifting a box or two,  all of Kong's worldly belongings were in his new home.  It went remarkably fast.  Nong'Tat worked like a busy bee,  he carried two boxes at a time and made more trips to the car than anyone. Traffic was the only hindrance of the day,  it was just after lunch by the time the final box was placed down.