Chapter, 12 Envelopes and Hopes

The very first thing Arthit did before leaving the bed was to text Dok,  he apologised for the way things had happened but,  wanted her to know that they still loved and cared very much for Wad, he asked that she made sure he knew that.  Arthit also told her that he hoped she was feeling better too.  Dok's reply was a thanks for his concern,  she was better and,  she asked after Knot.  He was amazed to hear that she was worried about him too.  Arthit told her that Knot was with him and Kong.  She included that she hoped that Knot knew he wasn't being blamed for anything.  Her last words were that three good people got hurt and none of them had intended to hurt the other's,  no one deserved to be blamed.

Arthit trod lightly down the hall.  When he reached the living room he could see that the bed Kongpop made for Knot was still perfectly pressed and wrinkle-free.  Knot was still sitting in the chair,  he hadn't moved all night.

Stepping out into the already warm morning,  he peered at Knot,  he was white and looked bleached of all colour.  It was obvious that he hadn't slept at all.  

Arthit wasn't surprised,  the events at Dok's must have been traumatising for him.  Not only did he confess his love for Wad in front of his good friend Prem,  he had essentially come out of the closet to everyone he knew at the same time. Making it worse,  it looked like he'd lost Wad in the process or,  at the very least,  Wad returned the feelings but was now choosing to never act on it again.  For Arthit,  Wad's words meant that he believed it was a mistake.   Arthit was sure that Knot hadn't really had enough time to come to terms with that part himself yet.  Blurting it out unknowingly in front of everyone must have added to the already confused feelings he was having.

Seeing Arthit from the corner of his eye,  Knot turned and started to thank him.  "Arthit,  I can't tell you how much it means that you're still speaking to me."  Knot had had the whole night to think and go over what he'd say but,  the words were not coming easy.  

"Knot,  I don't need thanks,  you're my friend and this doesn't change that,  not one bit."

Knot's huge shoulders softened hearing Arthit's words.  The pain in Arthit's eyes and face was comforting,  not that he wanted to see Arthit hurt but,  because it meant he was sincere and having someone who cared,  was important right now.

It occurred to Knot that since Arthit was awake,  it would mean that Kongpop would be soon as well.  "Arthit I should go,  I don't want to disturb your Sunday with Nong'Kong."

"Breakfast?"  Arthit was already heading toward the kitchen.  "please stay, Kongpop and I would be happy to have the company."  He smiled and tilted his head, "stay."

"Are you sure?

"Yes sit,  five minutes and the coffee will be ready,  have a seat."

Knot went to the sofa and started to fold the sheets and blankets only to have Kong come around the corner and stop him.  "P'Knot,  I got this."  

Kong could see too,  that Knot didn't sleep on the couch.  In no time at all he had the items folded and took them down the hall.

Returning he went to the kitchen and wrapped his arms around Arthit,  squeezing him carefully, he spoke into his ear,  "Are you ok Arthit,  did you get enough sleep?"

Arthit turned around and held Kong,  "I'm ok,  thanks to you."  Kong's face showed surprise.  "What did I do?"

Tucking his head into Kong's neck and shoulder,  "I don't know what I'd do without you Kong."  Arthit held tight until the beeping of the coffeemaker interrupted.  

.....................

They had one cup of coffee and,  decided before they ate,  that Arthit would go quickly in a cab with Knot to his dorm.  They both had insisted that he should not be alone and that he stay again with them.  He could go to school with Kongpop in the morning.  He gathered what he'd need,  a change of clothes for his day of teaching,  some shorts and a t-shirt for lounging around the apartment.  Returning,  Kong had everything ready for him to take a shower.  Knot totally gave himself over to their kindness and accepted the care they were showing for him.