Chapter 3. Coffee Shop and Advice

..........

.........

Kongpop proved himself a very good friend to Praepalin.  If it weren't for him they may have never won the Sun and Moon contest at school.  He was a rock,  his confidence and encouragement were exactly what she needed to make it through the contest.  

Even more,  he was so brilliant when the power went out.  He kept going and sang despite the room being dark and the sound equipment not working.  She was sure this is what put them over the top and won it for them.  Not to mention that he was just so damn handsome.  Just because she liked girls didn't mean she didn't know what a good looking man was. 

He also had done something far more important for her.  He supported her when she told him about her partiality for girls and he kept her secret.  This was how she measured a friend,  he was a friend she could trust.

May was also her friend.  They had shared a room together.  They got drunk together with the boys during the seniors trip to the beach.  May had also kept her secret and, the way she treated Praepalin never changed a single iota, when she learned of her fondness for girls.  

Aim didn't know it,  but it was Praepalin that convinced May to give him a chance.  It was Praepalin that May confided in after she was turned down by Kongpop and was heartbroken.  During that same conversation,  May told her about Aim and his ridiculously cute attempt to comfort her,  combined with his own awkward confession of his feelings for her.   

At the time Praepalin thought it over clearly and said to May,  "do you realise how much courage it must have taken Aim to do that?  I mean here he is,  with feelings for you and yet he comforts you, knowing that his own heart is being broken.  I would imagine that the fact you were confessing to his best friend only added to his pain.  May,  he said he'd wait for you."

In the end, it was her words that made May look at Aim and really see him. To see him as the genuine and unique person he was.  He went from being her, supporting character, to being her, leading man."

Praepalin didn't really know Aim,  but she was predisposed to like him.  May had said several times just how much she loved Aim.  Her story of his goodness to her,  even when he was surely being torn up from the inside,  this said a lot about him.  

From everything she had seen,  he was a quiet guy.  He was Kong's good friend,  that alone made her believe he was decent.

She didn't know Arthit that well either.  At first,  the truth,  she was afraid of him.  Arthit embarrassed her when she asked for his signature.  He seemed so fierce.  Over time,  from what she learned from Kongpop,  he turned out pretty wonderful in her eyes.  He was brave too, and, she liked that about him.  When he announced in front of all his friends that he was dating Kong,  he cemented that like in her.

The question for Praepalin now, was what to do.  Four people that she liked and respected were in an odd situation.  A situation that seemed to be based on simple misunderstandings.  A small part of her refused to believe what she'd seen at the cafe,  but,   there was a need,  almost a duty  to protect Kongpop and May,  her friends. So far Praepalin had no reason to believe that Arthit would ever do anything to hurt Kongpop and,  Kong's jealousy didn't mean that Arthit was unfaithful.