Epilogue

...

They had been laying in the soft grass of the bank for quite a while, when Knot's stomach growled and churned.  Tat reached and patted his bare tummy;  he woke him when he did. "Hungry?"

Knot sat up.  "I am."

Knot could see that Tat had his sketchbook on his lap and that he'd been drawing him while he slept naked.  "Can I see?"

..........

..........

"Is that how you see me Nong?'  

"No Knot,  I think you're much more beautiful than this."

"Aww." Knot bent to kiss him.  "Tat,  we should adjust the umbrella a bit,  the sun is shining right on you.  I don't want to see you get burned."  He had placed his hand on Tat smooth chest.  The skin there was starting to get hot and Knot could see he was turning a little pink.

"Ok,  you do that,  and I'll grab lunch."

Tat went to the storage compartment on his bike and pulled out the insulated bag that he'd packed the food into.

Knot's eyes were glued to his back.  Tat's unbelted blue jeans were sitting low and the rounded globes of his beautiful butt were just showing at the top of the pants,  where they seemed to hang on to the flesh.

Poached chicken and a spinach salad,  with orange segments garnishing the top.  A light vinaigrette made with the best olive oil, and lastly,  for added protein,  a bag of crushed mixed nuts to give the salad some crunch.

"I see that we're back on our healthy diet Tat.  Are you starting to gear up for your next competition?"

Knot had taken him to his private little river's edge spot.  They'd spent the entire afternoon making love in the small clearing just down from the bridge and beside the still,  slow-moving water.

The sun seemed to sparkle on Tat, the same way it did on the surface of the rippled river.

Knot's eyes never left the boys as he dipped a piece of the chicken into the dressing and fed it to him.  He chewed for a moment and smiled with his approval.  "It's delicious."

"Did you enjoy yourself at Arthit and Kongpop's wedding Tat?"

He nodded and smiled.  "I really did Knot,  I almost cried."  

Knot reached and pulled the boy down on top of him,  he put his hands low on Tat's back and ran them up and down the silky skin.

Tat's cheeks went pink and he stuttered. "I,  I hope maybe someday we,  that we,  you and me..."

.......................

Everyone always thought that it would be Prem and Wad who would have the big fancy wedding,  but,  as it turns out,  there's was a simple affair.  It was Arthit who went all out and made for a wedding none of their friends would ever forget.

Both his and Kongpop's parents' bandied for hours over who would pay the greater portion of the expenses.  Arthit and Kong sat holding hands and sharing big daffy smiles as they watched their parents hash it out.

Arthit had offered to pay for the whole thing himself,  but Kong's parents absolutely refused to let that be the case.  His own mom and dad adamantly agreed with their new friends that was never going to happen.  Arthit was told to: "Forget that."

When the day came,  the sun shone,  the sky was crystal blue.  Even the heavens seemed to applaud the binding of these two beautiful men.

The ceremony was held in a lush green garden in the central Lumpini park in Bangkok.  Their friends were surprised to see the number of guests.  Arthit had a large extended family and with Kongpop's family too,  the list was near one hundred people.

There were lots of children there,  Arthit made sure there were games and things to entertain them,  he forgot nothing.  

None of the kids was in any way phased by the two handsome men exchanging promises to love each other and care for each other.   All the guests heard loud and clear, Arthit's declaration to love Kongpop, and remain his forever.  He promised long after their mortal souls had left the earth, he said:  "Until their bones had turned to dust."

Every detail was organized and perfect,  they had their good friends David and P'Tomtom to thank.  Tomtom was a world of resource when it came to these things.

Arthit's mother held hands with Kong's mom during the entire thing,  they both had tears streaming down their cheeks.  Arthit's father too,  he was seen more than once wiping the moisture from his eyes.  

No one was surprised to see that they looked fantastic.  When they stepped from the limousine,  they both wore sugar white tuxedo's.  The buttons,  shoes, bow ties and lapel pocket squares were the same perfect white.  They were fresh,  clean and stainless,  it glowed from their insides.

After being pronounced, "Husband and Husband,"  the white suits came together for an extended embrace.  Kong's smile was brighter than the sun,  and Arthit,  well,  Arthit looked like he might take flight.  He radiated pure happiness as they turned to their guests.  Holding hands, they both bowed to the crowd gathered around them.  

Dat and Mali were both sobbing aloud,  but,  no amount of tears could stop them from taking tonnes of photos.  Mali intended to upload them to the Facebook page,  she was sure she'd get a thousand "likes."

Tat stood with his back to Knot.  Knot had his arms around him while the whole thing happened.  When Arthit and Kongpop turned to face the crowd,  Kong whispered something into Arthit's ear that made him turn his famous pink. 

 Tat spun in Knot's arms.  "What do you think P'Kong said to P'Arthit?"

Knot spoke quietly into his ear.  "I'm not sure."

Tat stood on his toes and kissed Knot.  "Why does P'Arthit always do that when P'Kong teases him?"

Knot took Tat's face into his hands.  "Oh, Tat,  that's just the way they've always been.  

"They're just, "Being Arthit and Kongpop."

...........................................................................................................

Unknown Poet

Unknown Poet

FanFiction by Kramdrof

all rights reserved.