Meeting Hakko Izuma

Start from the beginning

"Keira are you all right?!"

"My leg hurts a little but I'm all right."

Mum looked at the fire dragon.

"Looks like he's due to find us and soon."

I stared at mum for a second until I noticed her left leg was gone but she had replaced it with an ice leg instead.

"Mother! your leg!"

Mother looked at it and she smiled sadly.

"You noticed, I lost the real one during the fire dragon's attack but this one will do as a replacement for now."

I noticed that she was about to do something. All of a sudden I could see myself, pleading my mother not to use that spell but it was too late, Mother had cast that forbidden spell and she laid there motionless.

I saw that same silver haired boy and he shouted at me.

"It's your fault that this has happened to our beloved master, you don't deserve to be called her student nor her daughter, you're weak!!!"

DREAM ENDS...

I shot my eyes open and I was panting with exhaustion. Rin looked at me worryingly.

"Keira! Keira are you all right?!"

I wiped the sweat off my forehead and I looked at Rin and Aoi.

"I'm fine, it was only a dream, how close to the Academy are we?"

Aoi spoke up.

"Not far we just made another stop so we're not far from the Academy."

"I see, thanks for the heads up."

Just then there was a knock on the door and I saw a girl with green hair and she has some of it tied back and she has green eyes and she was also wearing the royal magic Academy's uniform.

She smiled at me and she asked me.

"Excuse me, do you mind if I join you? everywhere else is full."

"Not at all, come in."

Aoi jumped onto my lap so that there was room for the girl to sit. The girl sat down across from me and I thought to myself as I stared at her looks.

'Wow, she's pretty and her aura seems...I don't know, it's somehow gentle, kind and caring.'

She looked at me and she spoke up.

"What?"

I jumped a little when she caught me staring at her.

"Uh! sorry! I didn't mean to stare!

"Hehe, it's fine, I seem to get that a lot these days."

"I'm Keira Mitsui by the way and these two are my familiars, the nekomanta demon is called Rin and the wing sabre tooth is called Aoi."

"Two familiars...? you're a Tamer?!"

"You've noticed?"

"Hehe... well, yeah, some Tamers tend to have two or three familiars don't they? it seems you're one of them."

I smiled a little and then a pink Carbuncle landed on top of Aoi.

"Squee!"

"Aww~ a carbuncle!"

It jumped onto my shoulder and he rubbed his head on my cheek. She giggled at the pink Carbuncle.

"That's Carbuncle, I went to Gendonelune for a visit over the break and that was when I found this guy, I couldn't leave him alone so the headmaster said I could keep him as my familiar."

I was surprised that she went to the Academy during the break.

"You did?"

"Yeah, name's Hakko, Hakko Izuma."

"Nice to meet you."

We both shook hands and then the lady with the trolly of sweets came over and she asked us.

"Do you two want any sweets?"

I nodded my head and Hakko nods her head as well. We both got cookies and some chocolate cupcakes. I ate another bite of the cookie and I then spoke to Hakko.

"So are you a provisional student?"

Hakko shook her head for a no.

"I'm an official student."

I nearly choked on the cookie when she said this. Once I swallowed a bit of the cookie I was eating I looked at her and I spoke up.

"Seriously?! I thought-"

"I know, you have to go through the thirteen day trial and then the scale of judgement will decide if you're good enough to be accepted into the Academy but, because of my grades in my previous school and my magical abilities I was able to get in straight away, you could say it was partly my Father's doing and my own as well,"

Hakko said with a confident smile. I was impressed when she said this.

"Wow, you must super smart or something."

"You could say that, anyway, I only went to the Academy over the break where my Father and I could talk to the Headmaster in private about me becoming an official student and well, here I am."

I was amazed by this.

"Wow, that sounds oddly familiar for some reason."

Rin nods her head in agreement.

"I think that sounds a bit more like your father Keira when he made you an official student at the Academy."

I petted Rin's head and Hakko's eyes widen a little and she then said to me.

"Your father...? You mean Ivan?"

I looked at her shocked.

"How'd you know that?"

Hakko looked out of the window with a troubled look.

"My father is the chief of the knights in the magical ministry, apparently, Ivan has been causing havoc recently after leaving Skystead village and the Dragonsheild guild, from what he told me Ivan is one of the most wanted criminals among the dark wizards."

I was shocked to hear this.

"And...have they found any leads?"

Hakko looked at me and she shook her head for a no.

"Sorry, I tried asking him that myself but, he wouldn't tell me, he said he won't discuss it with me or my brother."

"I understand what he means, it's in between him and the other knights, right?"

Hakko nods her head.

"But enough about that conversation, I think we're almost at the Academy."

I looked out of the window and we were close. Carbuncle bounced up and down as he made that 'squee' sound excitedly.

TO BE CONTINUED...