The Ice Wizard's Strength

KEIRA'S POV

It was night time and I was standing outside on the balcony with the telepathic orb in my hand. My father and I were talking to each other.

"Those magical creatures that you possessed, it would seem that the headmaster, the professors and Prefect Klaus have suspected that it's dark magic."

Father looked slightly surprised when I said this.

"Do they know that it was my doing?"

"No, but, I have a feeling that Klaus is starting to get a bit suspicious he knows that I'm hiding something."

Father looked at me surprised.

"I see, listen, try not to let Goldstein get too suspicious, get as much information as you can about the dragon of time, the Tamers are close to being extinct if this plan fails."

I nodded my head when he said this.

"Don't worry, I promise I won't fail you like last time, Father."

Father smirked at me.

"That's what I like to hear from my daughter, well, good luck and farewell."

The orb stopped glowing and Father's face disappeared. I sighed and Rin leapt onto the balcony and she then asked me.

"Why do you even listen to Ivan when it's clear that you hate his guts?"

I looked at Rin before speaking up.

"I have no choice remember? I don't want my father taking his anger out on me like last time, this plan needs to be a success if I don't I will never be free from his clutches."

Rin had her ears down and rubbed her head on my arm. I smiled at her and I petted her head.

"You're right, but, if only your mother were still alive..."

I looked away from Rin and I then looked up at the moon.

"I know what you're thinking and you're right, Mother would have done something to stop Father from doing this to me but, she's gone and now, all I can do is listen to father and hope that he'll set me free once this plan successes."

Rin nodded her head and we both headed back to bed.

THE NEXT DAY...

The practical class was outside in the courtyard and Liz was not looking forward to it. I noticed that she looked a bit nervous, I petted her head before I spoke up.

"Don't worry about it too much OK? if anything goes wrong, I'll be right here."

Liz smiled at me when I said this.

"Thank you."

I looked back at Professor Schuyler and he was explaining about what we were going to do.

"You have to defeat the umbra within the time limit, once the time is up I'll show you how many umbras you've defeated and that number will depend on your grade as well."

Liz sweat dropped nervously but I, on the other was looking forward to it because it was about time that I put my Ice magic to good use for once. Professor Schuyler summoned several umbras before he shouted.

"Begin!!"

The students started to use their attacks spells on the umbras. I smirked at this.

"Time to put my ice magic to good use, Rin."

Rin nods her head and she got off my shoulder and she transformed into her bigger form. A few umbras charged at me but I smirked at them. I punch my palm to use my Ice magic.