A Reunion and A Broken Promise (Scorbus)

Part two to Crossing the Line and Breaking Barriers

Third Person P.O.V

            The ten year reunion for Scorpius' year at Hogwarts. He was to attend with his girlfriend of two years. The only down side was he'd also see Albus. He was allowed to come to the reunion because even though he didn't attend school for sixth and seventh year, he still caught up on classes. He did all his tests and even graduated with his class. Even with seeing Albus, Scorpius kept his promise that he made eleven years prior.

            Until today.

            He entered the Great Hall and was given a name tag along with girlfriend. They were seated close to the door but a table over to the one next to it. He still had a view of the door and that's when he saw Albus walk in. He looked the same, just like his father, but he had certainly matured. On his arm was a blonde man that looked a bit older than them and he was smiling. Once Albus looked in his direction, Scorpius looked away.

            He stayed sitting and ate with his girlfriend. He mingled with the other people at his table, many of them surprised he made it as an official in the ministry.  He knew that he slacked off the last two years but he still made it.

            When he felt a tap on his shoulder, he didn't expect it to be the person it was.

            "Care to dance?" Albus smiled.

            "You want to dance with me?" Scorpius asked and Albus nodded. Scorpius got to his feet and they made their way to the dance floor. Scorpius shakily took Albus' waist and they started to dance slowly.

            "So how have you been?" Albus asked and Scorpius gulped.

            "I've been well actually. How about you?"

            "I've been great. I just got married actually."

            "Congratulations." Scorpius smiled. "Really, I'm happy to see that you're doing better."

            "Thank you." Albus smiled. "It took me about two years to actually get out of the hole I dug myself into. I don't blame you by the way, I don't blame you at all." Albus told him and Scorpius got all choked up. He had been carrying such a large burden for so long. Even after apologizing, he was feeling so much guilt. He swallowed hard and took a deep breath.

            "You should. I blame myself, I made you feel so worthless that-"

            "It wasn't you. It was the rejection and how angry you were. I loved Scorpius and you broke my heart but ten years is too long to hold a grudge." Scorpius grinned at Albus and hugged him tightly. Albus laughed and hugged him back.

            "I've missed you Albus." Scorpius spoke honestly. Albus laughed,

            "I've missed you too Scorpius. I really did."

            And so that one night ten years later changed their entire agreement. They came as strangers and left as old friends.