Life and Death (Drarry)

Dedicated to Factions4eva for the request!

Trigger Warning- Self hatred and attempt at suicide

Draco's P.O.V

            Nobody notices when you're happy. Nobody notices if you're upset. That's just life. They only notice when it's too late and I knew in my case that would be when everyone notices. I didn't want to follow Voldemort, I didn't want to be a death eater and I certainly didn't want to kill Dumbledore.

            I snuck into the bathroom not realizing I was being followed and looked at myself in the mirror.

            "You pathetic excuse for a man. You can't even say anything against your father with flinching in fear." I said to myself with a snarl. My eyes were bloodshot and my nose was running. "Malfoy's don't cry." I sniffled harshly. "Malfoy's don't c-cry." I repeated and then dropped down to my knee. I punched my head and cried out. "Merlin, I'm so pathetic!" I screamed. I took a trembling breath and pulled out my wand.  "But I was never a good Malfoy anyway." I whispered brokenly. I pointed my wand to my throat "Exanimis." (Latin word for lifeless/breathless).  Quickly my lungs started to deflate and I started to suffocate. I dropped my wand and collapsed to my side on the ground. My eyes started to droop closed but I vaguely felt myself being lifted. I heard a whisper of something and then my face started to get wet.

            "Shh please don't die. You're not pathetic, I love you. I love you so much and I promise you I'll be here for you. Please don't be dead." My lungs started to fill with air again and I realized I was being held in someone's lap. Tears drenched the person's face until my vision cleared I figured out who it was.

            "P-Potter?" I whispered and he let out a soft sob.

            "You're alright." He told me. "Well not alright but alive. Oh merlin Draco please don't ever do that again." He pleaded. "I'll make sure you're good and happy. I love you." He told me and then kissed my forehead. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly.

            "Thank you P- Harry." I told him and then felt the tears rush to my eyes. "I think I love you too." I told him.

            "I'll save you from your demons Draco." He promised and I just held him tightly allowing the sound of my heartbeat fill my ears. Without Potter, I would be dead and I was never thankful for another person in that moment than I was in my whole life.