chapter thirty-five

Two things! 

1) I just uploaded a brand new story on my page! It's a scenario I've never tried before, so please give it a try? It's also about Niall, and it's called "Goodbye for now". You can find it on my profile.

2) When I wrote this chapter I listened to "Let's Hurt Tonight" by OneRepublic a lot. Give it a listen after you've read the chapter, or during, or before. You'll understand once you've read a specific part of this chapter.

---

 Sam's point of view

"You had it coming."

"Not helping, Louis." Harry muttered as he forced me down in the nearest couch.

I was still in shock but mostly I felt empty. Niall was so rude to me and I guess I deserved it. He was hurt and I didn't blame him. At least he knows the truth.

I stared blankly into the wall, as more people entered the room. We were in the living room at Alpha Phi, and Alex sat next to me, rubbing my back.

"I'm trying to feel for you Sam, but I can't help but think that you-"

"Louis." Zayn interrupted him. "Give it a rest."

"Fine. But if Niall never returns, don't even bother talking to me again." He spat before leaving the room.

"He's being overdramatic." Zayn snorted. "Of course he'll return."

"Can somebody tell me what just happened out there?" Some guy exclaimed as he stepped into the house. "I just came back from class and I heard all this shouting and then a car driving away!"

"Dramatic breakup between Niall and Sam." Ethan muttered. "And Liam decided to drag everyone in here for some reason."

"Now's not the time to be a dick." Alex said to her brother.

"Niall would never be this upset if she only broke up with him. There must be a reason for his outburst."

"It wasn't her fault, okay?" Becca said, and I looked at her. "We did this."

She gestured between herself and the girls.

"Care to explain?" Liam said.

Maya sighed and took a step forward.

"I'm sure all of you have heard the rumours about me wanting to get pregnant with Niall. None of that is true. He made it all up. So... I decided it was time for revenge. Sam was just the glue to the entire thing."

"We wanted him to fall for someone, someone new. So we made a plan. Sam would make Niall chase after her, make him fall in love with her and then we would break his heart, once and for all, just like he's been doing to girls for years." Jennifer continued.

I felt Alex slowly removing her hand from my back.

"We've been doing this for months. It was all just an act." Maya said.

"You're sick." Ethan said. "You would do all of this just to get revenge on him? How old are you?"

"He deserved it."

"He deserved it?" Harry repeated, staring at Maya. "You forced your cousin into all of this, and for what? Having her being just as miserable as Niall? Did Sam deserve it? Did she deserve being yelled at for everyone to hear? She came to talk to you about wanting to stop this whole thing, but did you listen? No."

Alex stood up from the couch.

"Why are you all acting like Sam is the good guy here? She must have, at some point, agreed to this. She knew what she was getting herself into. She might not have deserved to be yelled at in the street, but it's not like she deserves a medal for breaking someone's heart on purpose." She said.