chapter twenty-two

We arrived at the hotel in Los Angeles around 7pm. After parking the car and grabbing our bags, we made our way to the lobby.

"Hi, I've booked a room for the weekend." Niall said once we were inside by the disk.

The hotel was small and cosy, just the way I liked it. It felt more real and home that way.

"Name?" The man behind the disk asked, smiling at us.

"Niall Horan."

"A room for two until Sunday, is that correct?"

"That seems about right." Niall nodded.

"I just need you to sign a few papers, for security reasons. Your girlfriend can sit down in the couch over there. This will only take a few minutes."

"Actually, I'm not his gi-"

"Sure." Niall said, interrupting me. "I'll sign whatever."

I looked up at him, but didn't say anything. Instead I took my bag and walked over to the couch the man had pointed out. While Niall signed some papers I checked my phone. Alex had been texting me ever since I left, asking why Niall picked me up and stuff.

I sighed to myself and just decided to tell her the truth.

S: "Okay, I'm sorry I lied. Niall is taking me to LA for a concert, not my brother. It were supposed to be a secret"

A: "WHAT? Niall brought you to LA for your birthday? Man, he's crushing"

S: "And we'd like to keep it a secret too"

"Ready to go?"

I looked up from my phone. Niall was standing in front of me with his bag in his hand, and waved with a key in the air.

A couple of minutes later we stepped into the room.

"I guess sharing a bed won't be a problem." Niall grinned, pointing at the double bed and placed his car keys and cell phone on the little table by the wall.

"I'm sleeping on the right side." I told him and dropped my bag on the floor. "So, what are the plans for tonight? We have a couple of hours left to kill before I'll be tired enough to go to sleep."

"Look in the drawer on the bedside table. There should be a card with the password for the Wi-Fi."

I obeyed and showed him the little card I found. Both of us connected our phones to the hotel's Internet and then Niall laid down on his back on the bed.

"Okay, let's look up some restaurants in the area."

I laid down on my stomach, crawling over to him to look at his phone screen as well.

"There's a pizzeria at the corner of this street. Maybe we can grab something to eat and then go for a walk? A girl like you probably wants to see the big city." He smirked at me.

"Ah, how you know me." I smirked back. "And, that pizzeria sounds great."

So, thirty minutes later we got escorted to a table in the pizzeria. The waiter gave us two menus and said he'd be back in a few to take our order.

"Do you think I can order a beer here without them asking for my age?"

"Well, you do look kind of old." I teased, causing him to kick my shin under the table. "But I was actually hoping we'd stay sober tonight."

"Why?" He groaned.

I shrugged. "It's easier to talk to you when you haven't been drinking."

"And it's easier for me to talk to you when I have."