"Anyway, while we were there, Ryan came and went inside the house."

"Wait, Ryan Kunder? As in the hunter's son?" Mandy asks.

She nods, "That Ryan."

"What was he doing?" I ask.

She retells what happened.

"So, Cam wanted him to do something?" Cole asks.

Mara purses her lips, "It sounds like it, but they used the word 'her', which is why I think that Cam doesn't want something." She says.

I blink, "He wants someone."

•Cam's POV•

This is all wrong.

They weren't supposed to know I was here yet. Now there is a large speed bump in my path, they know to look out for me.

As long as Mara keeps her word though, I should be okay. I should be able to get back on track.

I just need a new plan of action.

You're probably wondering why I'm doing this?

Well, these people deserve what's coming to them. They're part of the reason my mate is dead.

Ryan was no help, but I'm not giving up on him just yet. He doesn't know the benefit he gets out of this yet.

And I'm sure when I tell him he'll be all in.

Because I have no one now, no one to share my life with, no one to have pups with, no one to be by my side.

But that is about to change. They won't know what hit them, all of them.

I will get her.

She'll be happy.

I'll be happy.

It will be a happily ever after.

•Mara's POV•

I somehow persuaded everyone to keep this a sercret between us for now. Mainly for everyone's safety, we don't want Cam to figure out the whole pack knows.

The less people know, the more they are safe.

I'm sitting at the kitchen bench, the house empty now, sipping on a cup of hot tea.

The rattling of keys in the lock of the front door make me look in the direction of the hallway. Soon, mum and dad come in chatting quietly to each other.

They see me and smile, mum puts down her bag and dad chucks his briefcase on the dinning table.

"Why are you home so late? It's like eight o'clock." I say.

Mum sighs, "We had a work dinner at some friends, luckily we got out early."

"Oh okay, I might go to bed now." I nod as I get up to put my cup in the sink.

"Are you okay hun?" Dad asks.

I give him a smile, "Fine, school's a little stressful right now, since we've just started and everything. I think I'm still in holiday mode."

He nods and kisses my forehead, "Night sweetie."

"Night dad, night mum." I say as I climb the stairs.

I lazily change into my pyjamas, I'll have a shower in the morning, and creep into bed. As soon as my head hits the pillow, I fall into a much needed sleep.

••••*••••

"But I want your food." I pout.

"I may love you Mara, but you're not getting my food." Ryder replies.