Vida took the flowers and put them in a vase before Ro could sneeze again. "Thanks for backing me up, guys," Rosalie said sarcastically.

"What are friends for?" Elwood said enthusiastically. "So are you going to go with Will?"

She groaned and leaned on the door. "Gods, no. I'd rather not interact with him at all, to be honest. It's too...awkward," she said, crossing her arms. She shot them another piercing glare. "You all obviously knew what he was going to ask, and yet you failed to warn me about it?" she hissed. "Why didn't you at least give me a minute to make something up?!"

Deidra chuckled. "Because that wouldn't have been nearly as entertaining." The first ranker smiled deviously. "Watching you squirm is highly amusing." The other rankers nodded in agreement.

Ro threw her hands up in the air and turned on Corvin, pointing a finger at him accusingly. "You're going to the ball with me," she said angrily. "There is no way you're leaving me with that oaf, especially at a frick frackin ball."

He raised an amused eyebrow. "'Frick frackin'?" he teased. Corvin pulled her close to his chest and looked down at her grumpy expression. "Don't worry, love. I won't let that big bad oaf steal you away." A cheesy grin split across his face. "Have I mentioned that you look absolutely adorable when you're grumpy like that?"

"You say to the girl who single-handedly slaughtered five demons yesterday," she retorted, her eyebrows raised in a cocky look. Laughter shook his chest.

"Have I mentioned that I love you?" he said.

She shrugged. "I'm not sure, but maybe you should say it again for good measure."

The other rankers groaned at their cheesy display, each one quickly finding an excuse to leave the area. "Love sick dorks," Vida said, her being the last to leave. The couple chuckled at the reaction. Rosalie reached up to give him a quick peck on his cheek.

"Seriously, Corvin," she said. He gave her a charming smirk and looked at her. "Don't. Leave. Me. With. That. Oaf." That made him chuckle, and made her slap him lightly on his chest. "Come on, I really really don't want to go with him, but I don't know how to turn him down."

Corvin shrugged. "Just tell him that you were planning on going with me," he said. "It's really that simple."

She shook her head. "No, it really isn't. I can't just say 'Hey Will! You know how I lied to you twice in a row about my knowledge of the Peace Day Ball? Well, lucky for me, Corvin decided to ask me to go with him two minutes after you left and I said yes.'" She put on a look of faux confusion. "'Will, why are you crying your eyes out? It's not like I harbor feelings for you other than a very short acquaintanceship. I thought everyone in the school knows that I have a boyfriend since all anyone can ever talk about is my private life.'"

She ended her charade with a sarcastic look. Corvin's eyebrows furrowed. "I don't think you should say it like that, but..." he trailed off and shrugged. "You'll figure something out eventually."

Ro groaned and shoved her face into his chest. "The poor kid is infatuated with me," came her muffled response. "I don't want him to come back later in the story for a pointless and unsatisfying revenge arch."

Corvin cocked an eyebrow, but let it go. "I have no idea what nonsense you're spouting now, but okay," he said. Her head lifted to shoot a glare at him.

"You're just agreeing with me because you don't know what else to do."

"Uh, yes?"

She rolled her eyes. "You're absolutely no help at all." A charming grin was thrown her way. He added a wink to seal the deal. "Corvin, if you keep that up, you might have to catch me." Sighing dramatically, she threw her hand to her forehead. "I'm feeling faint from all the charming looks." They both laughed.