Chapter Eighteen ❀

Start from the beginning

Noah hadn't turned up yet and I'd kept checking through my bedroom window too see if she was still in her room. Our rooms had a perfect view of the other ones. Every time I looked she got more and more beautiful, the white dress she was wearing clung too her body like it was fitted for her, she looked like a modern day Cinderella and I could honestly say she’d taken my breath away.  I got my phone out looking at the time, the red figures read half six. I was supposed to have left too pick my date up by now, boy she was gonna be mad.

I skidded over too my mobile picking it off my drawer.

Oi Fit ass ;) Where's Noah?

I put my phone back down perching onto the edge of my bed as i stared through my window into her room, she jumped a little as her phone vibrated making me chuckle. I waited for her too reply, she scanned the screen grinning before turning too face me, she stuck her tongue out at me childishly before replying.

He'll be here soon, stuck in traffic x

Somehow I wasn't convinced but I managed to push it aside, I got up waving her a goodbye before checking my reflection one last time. I picked up the flowers and corsage on my bed and made my way down the stairs too the awaiting Limo, without the girl I loved.

**

Maya's P.O.V

I picked up the bottom of my dress and ran over too the window, watching Zane drive away tears flooded my eyes. I slumped down on the floor cradling my knees, I loved him so much, Why did I let him go?

I wasn't going to prom anymore because Noah's Dad had had an heart attack last minute and he was at the hospital, I couldn't tell Zane because he'd offer to take me along. Prom was being with that one special person and he obviously was with the girl he loved, how was I supposed too break that bond between the two of them? And scrape along.

I got up perching myself on the edge of my bed, I sat with my face pressed into my arms. This was my one final chance, my one last chance. School was nearly over, Next year I'd be going off too an arts college and Zane would be at medical school, the both of us would be world's apart and it would be practically impossible for anything to happen between us. My one final chance and I'd blown it.

I got up walking over too the mirror and stared at myself, I felt like such a coward. Such a loser, what Girl kept her feelings bottled up for this long?! He wouldn't even care I wasn't there, he wouldn't even notice. He’d moved on, why couldn’t I do the same? Why wouldn’t he leave my mind?

I crouched down by my bed carefully pulling out an old photo album; I wiped it with the side of my hands and blew off the layer of dust. Sitting down on my bean bag I opened it up too the first page, Maya and Zane's summer was scrawled across in messy blue writing, underneath it Zane had drawn  the sun and a boy and girl holding hands, I smiled tracing over the picture with my finger.

I flipped too the next page and couldn't help but laugh, Zane was in my Barbie bikini and massive pink sunglasses and I was in his black speedos, we were both posing back too back, I smiled at how goofy and how close we'd been back then. We used to tell each other everything! Zane would come over every Friday and me and him would have a massive feast in a tent and we'd both talk about how many gold star's we'd gotten that week or who'd got the highest in the spelling test. Life was so much more simpler when we were just kids and there was no such thing as relationships.

I carried on flipping through the pages reading my messy writing underneath. I stopped as I got too a picture I remembered crystal clear, I was in a play wedding dress and Zane was in a suit, it was the day we'd gotten fake married and I remembered it like it had happened yesterday. Me and him were in nursery and one of our friends had told us her mum had just gotten married, Zane being the jealous five year old he was told everybody me and him were getting married after school. I chuckled too myself as a tear rolled down my face, there was pink paper we'd used as confetti and all my Barbie’s and Zane's action figures lined up as our audience. My eyes widened as I saw the caption under the photo  'I Love you Zane' I had written in messy writing.

I'd lost myself in these memories laughing, crying occasionally cringing at some of the pictures. "I've been so sick worrying about you!" A husky voice growled from the doorway. I jumped back zoning back to reality as I was face to face with no one other than Zane.

"What are you doing here?" I asked quietly ushering him out of my room. "You should be at prom, that's where you belong. You should be being crowned Prom King! Go Zane!" I exclaimed extending my arms forward to push him fully out of my room.

"Where's Noah?" Zane asked ignoring me.

"His Dad had a heart attack, he's with him in the hospital." I mumbled.

"Why didn't you call me? Why did you say everything was fine? I couldn't have a good time because i was worrying so much about you!"

"Now you know that I'm fine you can go back." I replied, tears pricked in my eyes as i had too turn away before he saw.

"Is this our old photo album?" He chuckled picking it up off the floor.

I laughed wiping my eyes before he saw. "Yeah."

"What do you want too do then fit ass?" He grinned tilting my head up so our glances were locked.

“What are you talking about? You should be at prom!” I exclaimed.

“You’ve known me for seventeen years and you think I’d actually be able to enjoy myself while my best friends all by herself at home? Thought you knew me better than that Maya.” He replied hurtfully.

“I didn’t think you’d even realize I wasn’t there.” I answered honestly shrugging my shoulder’s. I opened my mouth to speak but he caught me off guard kneeling down on one knee.

“Maya?” He started nervously. “Will you go to prom with me?” He asked shakily, I nodded my head slowly clasping my mouth in surprise.

“Yes!” I practically yelled my hormones soared at an all time high as I pulled him into a massive, tight hug squeezing the dear life out of him.

"Holy shit.” He chuckled in relief, squeezing me back. “Are you ready too go?” He laughed pulling away, he took a step towards me framing my face and  leant forwards kissing my forehead softly.

**

“ZANE!” I exclaimed as the Limo drove past the school, the blaring music could be heard and the disco lights shone out onto the quiet motorway. “Where are we going?” I asked starting to feel sick,  My stomach did somersaults while he simply sat back and smirked.

“Prom’s over! It’s nearly eleven!” He stated, nodding too the chauffeur. They exchanged suspicious glances while I was starting to feel really paranoid. 

“Take me home!”

“I have our own little surprise beautiful!” He smiled sincerely.

“ZANE! Please, just take me home!”

“Five more minutes babe, were nearly there.”

“Zane!” I whined. “I hate surprises!”

“Alright were here, don’t get out until I tell you too!” He declared, rolling his window down he grinned. “Perfect.” He whispered looking at whatever was in front of him, I tried to roll my window down but he grabbed my wrist shaking a finger disapprovingly in my face. “Turn around” He whispered, I did as I was told. My body facing the window my back facing him, he traced his finger down my bare back before putting something onto my eyes.

“AAH!” I squealed jumping as he tied it off.

“Alright, Can you see?” He asked.

“You just tied something around my eyes what do you think?” I answered cheekily. He laughed helping me out of the car. “Please don’t rape me!”

He simply laughed harder. “No promises, with an ass like that-“ I cut him off elbowing him.

“Can I open my eyes?!” I pleaded as he lead me forward, an arm was gripped securely around my waist and he lead the way.

“Alright!” He whispered nervously. “You can open your eye’s in 3,2,1….”